Renewal after Cardiolite Test

U

Unregistered

My apologies if this has been covered but I am preparing to go in for a renewal (2nd Class) and want to be prepared.

About a year ago I turned 41 so my Doc suggested a normal stress test, Lipitor (10mg) for my cholesterol (that was then 230 total) and Altace for blood pressure that was "elevated", diet and excersize for "borderline diabetic" blood sugar. I had and still do feel great so this was all a shock to me. His approach was aggressive due to my father's early death from a heart attack (at age 49).

My stress test was "abnormal" so he had me do a Cardiolite (sp?) Stress Test which is supposed to be even more accurate with less chance of a false positive. In his words, I passed this more accurate test with "...flying colors..." My cholesterol is 185'ish (checked quarterly) and my BP is generally 120/80 (checked quarterly). My doc also said that I perhaps should repeat all this every year just so I KNOW that I am OK - seems excessive to me but as long as it turns out OK I guess there is nothing wrong with this degree of vigilance - is there?

So... what do I say on my medical renewal application?
What supporting documentation should I ask my doc for to take to the AME?

You might want to post this on the "red board". Dr. Chien responds over there.

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 365 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.
Back