Removing multi engine vfr only limitation

Topper

Pre-takeoff checklist
Display Name

Display name:
Topper
I earned my multi certificate prior to my instrument. I just purchased a 310Q and need to take a check ride to remove the limitation. I know it will require single engine approach or two, can someone tell me exactly what maneuvers are required?

Thanks,

Jim

From the ACS pg A-16

The removal of the “Airplane Multiengine VFR Only” limitation, at the Commercial Pilot Certificate level, requires an applicant to satisfactorily perform the following Area of Operation and Tasks from the Commercial Pilot ‒Airplane ACS in a multiengine airplane that has a manufacturer’s published VMC speed.

X. Multiengine Operations

Task C: Engine Failure During Flight (by Reference to Instruments) (AMEL, AMES)

Task D: Instrument Approach and Landing with an Inoperative Engine (Simulated) (by Reference to Instruments) (AMEL, AMES)

From the ACS pg A-16

The removal of the “Airplane Multiengine VFR Only” limitation, at the Commercial Pilot Certificate level, requires an applicant to satisfactorily perform the following Area of Operation and Tasks from the Commercial Pilot ‒Airplane ACS in a multiengine airplane that has a manufacturer’s published VMC speed.

X. Multiengine Operations

Task C: Engine Failure During Flight (by Reference to Instruments) (AMEL, AMES)

Task D: Instrument Approach and Landing with an Inoperative Engine (Simulated) (by Reference to Instruments) (AMEL, AMES)

Is there any option in IACRA for removing “VFR ONLY” limit from Multi commercial?? Any help will be greatly appreciated.

I had the exact problem but solved it with a commercial multi check ride and the single engine hood work. I know the examiner had to put something in about removing the limitation but I don’t remember exactly

Back