Remote Pilot Cert.? Droners?

So pass a free online test and you get a remote pilot add on to your cert?

Well that gives me something to do if I get some down time this week, why not.

Hmmm, not that it affects me, but wonder if this also resets the BFR clock like it does when you add anything else to your ticket?

Already took it now just waiting for the 29th to process it. We occasionally have need at work for use of our drone for marketing videos and such. This will throw a wrench in the works though as I will be the only one who can act as PIC and I have a real job. :eek:)

I see the article give a link to sUAS test prep materials. For anyone that has taken the test, are these needed or is the free online training course enough?

Well that gives me something to do if I get some down time this week, why not.

Hmmm, not that it affects me, but wonder if this also resets the BFR clock like it does when you add anything else to your ticket?

No. It is not an add on rating to you pilot certificate but a totally different certificate.

The online FAA site is all you need. It took me 20-30 minutes to go through the info and do the test. Not sure I'll ever use it but hey why not.

No. It is not an add on rating to you pilot certificate but a totally different certificate.

That's kills a lot of the appeal, hauling my medical, pilots, CFI, GI and all my other wallet stuff around as it is, not sure I'd want another cert in my wallet.

If I recall what I read correctly, the certificate type will be Remote Pilot (where yours might say Private Pilot, Commercial Pilot or whatever) and it will come with a "Small UAS" rating (where yours might say Airplane Single Engine Land, Glider, etc.). At least that is my impression. I am guessing that later, one could add ratings for other sized UAS but I am not certain.

Back