Remodeling pictures

N747JB

Final Approach
Display Name

Display name:
John
This is why I haven't gotten to fly or fish much this summer, we re-opened the showroom today. 3 months behind schedule and only $200K overbudget!:eek: We aren't finished, but it's good enough to open, we are still waiting on some pictures and a couple TV's, but we have a CO!! :D
Before:

After:

Ford has a two page letter of understanding for the remodeling, mine had 2 PARAGRAPHS dedicated to my NOT reversing the K. So, it's on order and I have to wait until Ford pays me their % and it's going up! :yes::yes:

They forgot to reverse the K on the new sign!

Ford has a two page letter of understanding for the remodeling, mine had 2 PARAGRAPHS dedicated to my NOT reversing the K. So, it's on order and I have to wait until Ford pays me their % and it's going up! :yes::yes:

Seriously? That's funny. Reverse the Ford!

Looks good. Precise, solid, modern, serious and very permanent. Like it's always going to be there. I'm curious, does Ford allow the franchisees to be able come up with their own designs, or does Ford hand you the options with their designers?

Now it looks like most of the other ford dealerships.

Now it looks like most of the other ford dealerships.

My thought as well.

I used to work at a Ford dealership that looked very similar to the first picture. Life was simple then.... working on Fords meant a secure future.

Last edited:
My thought as well.

I used to work a a Ford dealership that looked very similar to the first picture. Life was simple then.... working on Fords meant a secure future.

Quarters were epoxied to the floor, dimes epoxied into the pay phone....:rofl: If only video cameras and You Tube existed back then.:lol:

Mazel Tov! Congrats and best wishes in the gussied up space.

Ford has a program or I should say had a program where if you used their design elements they would pay 50% of the costs!:yes: I don't think they imagined how many dealers would take advantage of the program, but I sure didn't want to miss it! :D They pretty much control the exterior design, based on your current building, they are a little more flexible on the interior, but not much. We have to use their tile colors, either polished or unpolished, their reception and service advisor desks and furniture that meets their specs, but it can be upgraded if we choose.
I just went to see a friend of mine on Thursday at his ribbon cutting, his building was much older than mine and it came out well.

Looks good. Precise, solid, modern, serious and very permanent. Like it's always going to be there. I'm curious, does Ford allow the franchisees to be able come up with their own designs, or does Ford hand you the options with their designers?

MUCH simpler!!! :D I was 17 when my dad built this building, life was good.:D Interest rates were 18%, but I was 17 and didn't really comprehend what that meant other than my dad didn't sleep much at night! :yikes:

My thought as well.

I used to work a a Ford dealership that looked very similar to the first picture. Life was simple then.... working on Fords meant a secure future.

Very nice!!

I'm about to start doing some remod's on the main building of the salvage yard. I'll share photos once we get started and once we are finished.

Wow! That looks less like a "remodel" and more like a "rebuilt from the ground up."

You'll have to convince me that bulldozers weren't used. Although there is a similarity in the windows.

Sounds like a reason for a celebratory flight.

I've known about your dealership for years. I didn't know you were on here. Funny.

It's too bad I'll never buy a US manufactured vehicle.

Be sure to have Google update your picture when you search for your dealership. :D

Ford has a program or I should say had a program where if you used their design elements they would pay 50% of the costs!:yes: I don't think they imagined how many dealers would take advantage of the program, but I sure didn't want to miss it! :D

Can't blame ya at all for that..!!!

And yes, the new building looks good. Will the price of cars go up now?:lol:

Quarters were epoxied to the floor, dimes epoxied into the pay phone....:rofl: If only video cameras and You Tube existed back then.:lol:

So you were the one doing that..!!! :lol::lol:

Ok, I might have done a few myself....:rolleyes:

Really nice looking building John!

So why would that keep you from buying a Ford? :dunno: Haven't they moved a lot of final assembly out of the US? (Not to mention component mfg'ing)

From Wiki: http://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_Ford_factories

Conversely, my new Toyota was assembled in the US.

From Wiki: http://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_Toyota_manufacturing_facilities

What's "American Made" these days?

So why would that keep you from buying a Ford? :dunno: Haven't they moved a lot of final assembly out of the US? (Not to mention component mfg'ing)

From Wiki: http://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_Ford_factories

Conversely, my new Toyota was assembled in the US.

From Wiki: http://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_Toyota_manufacturing_facilities

What's "American Made" these days?

Most of the foreign automakers are building cars in the US (mostly in the south), at least their top-selling models. Though I've never owned a Ford, the LEAST reliable car I ever owned was a German luxury car which was built in Germany. I've owned Jeeps, Hondas, Subarus, and Nissans, and so far the Nissans (knock, knock) have been the most reliable. One of them was built in the US, the other in Japan. However, I give the local dealer credit as both a contributor to the reliability and my satisfaction with the brand.

If I were to buy a domestic brand, the only one I'd consider at this point is Ford. And, if I were in Atlanta, I'd seek out John. He seems to be a stand-up guy and I'm sure he'd pull out all of the stops to make sure that you were a satisfied Ford owner. Good dealers are few and far between and, in my opinion, are often more important than the manufacturer and certainly more important than the point of assembly.

JKG

Most of the foreign automakers are building cars in the US (mostly in the south), at least their top-selling models. Though I've never owned a Ford, the LEAST reliable car I ever owned was a German luxury car which was built in Germany. I've owned Jeeps, Hondas, Subarus, and Nissans, and so far the Nissans (knock, knock) have been the most reliable. One of them was built in the US, the other in Japan. However, I give the local dealer credit as both a contributor to the reliability and my satisfaction with the brand.

If I were to buy a domestic brand, the only one I'd consider at this point is Ford. And, if I were in Atlanta, I'd seek out John. He seems to be a stand-up guy and I'm sure he'd pull out all of the stops to make sure that you were a satisfied Ford owner. Good dealers are few and far between and, in my opinion, are often more important than the manufacturer and certainly more important than the point of assembly.

JKG

Dude, the last dealer I would seek out is one with a turbine powered airplane, he's got a lot of overhead to cover...:rofl:;)

Dude, the last dealer I would seek out is one with a turbine powered airplane, he's got a lot of overhead to cover...:rofl:;)
Thanks for the promo! ;)
My expense problems are mostly of the two-legged variety! :mad2: We are debt free expect new car floor plan, which is a good thing, I don't know how these big public stores operate with $75-100K per month rent factors?? Makes my little airplane seem cheap. ;)

Thanks for the promo! ;)
My expense problems are mostly of the two-legged variety! :mad2: We are debt free expect new car floor plan, which is a good thing, I don't know how these big public stores operate with $75-100K per month rent factors?? Makes my little airplane seem cheap. ;)

Congrats on the new building. It looks great, and contrary to some commenters, I have and would buy Ford products. They are a well manufactured line of vehicle, and very reliable.

Also, Ford didn't need or accept a bail out from Mr. Obama. My kind of company.

Good luck, although it doesn't seem like you need any luck, looks like you know what your doing.:thumbsup:

Hey, I think he downgraded not that long ago, that should be good for a few hundred extra off the sticker price! If I'm really good, maybe I could negotiate him down from the Conquest and back to the 182.

JKG

Thanks for the promo! ;)

Yeah, store overhead is a killer for newcomers. If you have that kind of a rent nut you have to make every month, that's a scary proposition, you best have a heck of a good market. Kinda like farming, if you didn't inherit the property, you're gonna have a tough go of it these days.

Be glad your two legged expenses don't have big 4 legged expenses.:hairraise:

I've known about your dealership for years. I didn't know you were on here. Funny.

Be sure to have Google update your picture when you search for your dealership. :D

It's funny you say this... I owned a ranger in 2005, swore never to buy big blue again.... Have owned all sorts of japanese and german luxury cars, and a couple japanese econo-boxes since.. Just bought a 2014 focus in april.. I LOVE that car.. i drove it from San Diego to vegas and averaged 43 MPG in a gas powered vehicle. the fit and finish is exceptional, and it's super comfortable to boot.. im glad i jumped back into ford.

Still driving my '96 Mustang Cobra. Love that car.

John, gonna take a lot of warranty repairs to cover the excess 200K :D
Wife's 2007 Saturn Aura just went in for warranty work - new shifter cable and such - and they just finished a huge remodel and expansion (multi brand dealer)
Must be going around

Very classy looking remodel.

I am sure being late and overbudget caused some grey hair, but the end result is impressive.

Congrats.

I'm driving a 2014 Festiva with a turbo 1.0L over here in Alpine country. Does surprisingly well up to 130kph as long as you keep the RPMs up, not a lot of umph below 3200rpm but it will hold 130 in 5th at 2500 on a bit of a grade. If you want to go faster than 130 you have to downshift to fourth and let it wind up. Not too bad of a car, it gets 55-57mpg combined around town & Autostrada. Thing handles like crap though, seriously I was surprised to find myself feeling like I was in a 75 Eldorado with worn out shocks warbling through turns at 130 (speed limit on the Autostrada). On the A-10 I have to set the cruise for 110 for the turns and then I stand on it coming out. The driving here in Italy is good, it's the way driving should be, fast but courteous, competency is expected as is acceleration.

The driving here in Italy is good, it's the way driving should be, fast but courteous, competency is expected as is acceleration.

Ummm... I don't remember a lot of courtesy on the road there once you entered the cities. Traffic rules, signs, lights, are all just suggestions. There is a fair amount of motorized anarchy there. Be on your best defensive driving. On the highways and in the country, everything is fine.

Ummm... I don't remember a lot of courtesy on the road there once you entered the cities. Traffic rules, signs, lights, are all just suggestions. There is a fair amount of motorized anarchy there. Be on your best defensive driving. On the highways and in the country, everything is fine.

No, I drive around the cities as well. You are correct, all the rules, signs, lights, all suggestions, if it doesn't make sense or fit the immediate situation, it is ignored. Stop lights are rare anyway, you don't much need them. People will make a gap for you to get in, they are not going to stop for you. If you have a gap and eye contact, floor it and wave. The best is the parking. If you just have to pop in a shop, squeeze it up tight wherever you can and hit the hazards. Everybody know there is no bloody parking so accommodations are made to keep business going.

Back