Remembered keys...took young pilot to be on first flight!!

Jthamilton

Line Up and Wait
Display Name

Display name:
Okie182
So while doing a sports physical on 16 year old young man last month I asked how school was going and what he wanted to do after. I always do this so I can prod them about how important school and goals in life are! So the kiddo says he wants to be a pilot, of course i'm digging it so offer him a flight.

Today it happened and he did great! Natural touch on controls. True sponge while teaching him about flying. So I was able to turn around my misfortune of forgetting the keys yesterday into big positive and who cares what happens to rest of the day.

On another note I took my neighbor up little later this morning and he proceeded to get sick while landing. Good thing I didn't forget sick bags.

Attachments

• 20140601_083307.jpg
    20140601_083307.jpg
    860.5 KB · Views: 49
Last edited:
Good job,always good to try and enlist the younger generation.

Good job,always good to try and enlist the younger generation.

Took a 14 year old " up into the big blue " yesterday for his first GA experience.. He is the grandson of a friend. He seemed to enjoy it but then started to get real quiet and pale, it was a hot afternoon, so I got him on the ground before his lunch went projectile.

So while doing a sports physical on 16 year old young man last month I asked how school was going and what he wanted to do after. I always do this so I can prod them about how important school and goals in life are! So the kiddo says he wants to be a pilot, of course i'm digging it so offer him a flight...

People like you, are why I got into aviation in the first place. Thank you!

I asked a 15yr old neighbor kid if he wanted to go flying on Sat about 11:00am.

His response was " I am not a morning person."

Back