Register now for Beyond The Weather Brief in Williamsport, Pennsylvania!

scottd

Pre-takeoff checklist
Display Name

Display name:
scottd

Last edited:
I'm traveling that weekend (no surprise), but depending on what days you're arriving and departing, I'd be up for grabbing dinner with you (or any other PoAers who come).

I'm racing an Ariel Atom that weekend, but I hope you have good attendance and can link up with the local POA'ers.

Where in Midgard did you get one of those?
I'm trying one out at VIR, it's a birthday present called the Ariel Atom Experience.

And if I have as much fun as I expect to have, I'm gonna be in the market for a used one, and we'll keep the existing family cars for a while.

I'm trying one out at VIR, it's a birthday present called the Ariel Atom Experience.

And if I have as much fun as I expect to have, I'm gonna be in the market for a used one, and we'll keep the existing family cars for a while.

One of the very few cars that can keep up with (and potentially outrun) my bike. I'm certain you'll like it, though I doubt they're very useful. I think there is more room on the trunk on my Sportbike than there is on the Atom.

Leslie's interested, but will be moving her office to a new location downtown (same company) that Monday, and may be heading to California the end of that month too. So... long way of saying that we may be able to do it, but can't commit yet.

I was unable to get the day off. Glad they all sold. Hoping you'll have occasion to do one closer to the Midwest.

Thanks to all who registered. The last seat was sold this afternoon! I will be holding another workshop in the Northeast in September. Look for that announcement shortly.

Good to hear. The date didn't work out for me in June (camping with my son instead). I will attend in September once it is announced. Any idea where?

Wow, middle of nowhere PA and the class is full! Looking forward to it and enjoying the pre-breif of the weekend's weather even though I will be flying the vibe at zero AGL to get there... it really doesn't make sense to fly when the airplanes I fly are in the hanger next door. ; )

Last edited:
Good Class! Have to say it was a bit fast/over my head in parts because I'm not instrument rated and have in the past generally relied on prog charts, eye-dar and the breifing for my go-no go decisions.

My objective was to have few more tools in the weather box so that I can comfortably not make so many no-go decisions and the seminar delivered.

When it comes to a location near you I fully recommend it.

Back