Regional Forums?

AirBaker

Pattern Altitude
Display Name

Display name:
AirBaker
Think there would be a benefit from having a regional/local forum for those pilots who want to get together for fly-ins, $100 hamburgers, etc?

It sounds like a good idea but If someone wants to have a get together why not just post it as say a Dallas area lunch or Philadelphia area get together? A regional forum may be kinda empty when these things aren't posted. But I gues the idea could be expanded on.:blueplane:

AirBaker said:
Think there would be a benefit from having a regional/local forum for those pilots who want to get together for fly-ins, $100 hamburgers, etc?

I was wondering if anyone in the NC,SC,eastern TN, Southern VA area wanted to do a burger run in April or May myself.

Either would work. I know I have flown with empty seats on more than one occaision and would have been happy to give someone else a lift.

Flyboy said:
I was wondering if anyone in the NC,SC,eastern TN, Southern VA area wanted to do a burger run in April or May myself.

I could be interested in Rutherfordton (FQD), Williamsburg (JGG), Ocracoke (W95). All have restaurants on the field or within walking distance.

Name a date.

I don't think a regional forum system would work well. For one thing, 'regions' tend to be defined areas whereas we don't think of ourselves in defined areas. I'm in the Southwest but can fly to Colorado (West), California (West) or even farther for a fly-in or lunch. It's even more like that in the East.

Personally, I'll post where I'm going and when I'm going to see if anyone is going to be in the area. I'll post it in Flight Following or Cool Places to Fly. Either would be appropriate.

Back