References to AOPA and AOPA Web Boards

Greebo

N9017H - C172M (1976)
Display Name

Display name:
Retired Evil Overlord
While everyone on the management team appreciates the compliments for the work that's gone into this site, there is a trend - an understandable one - in some of the compliments we've been receiving there have been some references to AOPA and the AOPA Forums that...well...they haven't been NASTY...but they haven't necessarily been complimentary...:eek:

It is absolutely not the intent of the Management Team to replace or compete with the AOPA forums, and we would very much appreciate it if remarks about AOPA or their forums were, well as mom used to say, either say something nice or say nothing at all. It has always been and remains our hope that AOPA will not only preserve the forums, but that they will take steps to deal with the issues that currently affect them, both technically, and as a community.

And I suppose I should point out that ALL new members will be welcome here, regardless of where they come from or what reputation they may have on other sites. Everyone will be given an equal length of rope. Whether they choose to use that rope to build the web of a virtual community network, or use that rope to hang themselves, is going to be entirely up to them.

On behalf of the Management Team, once again I thank you all for the warm reception and stellar response to this new site. I must say the response - almost 70 new users in one day - has me floored! I think we're on a great take-off run here and pretty soon POA.com will be the $100 hamburger joint of the internet. :)

Greebo said:
...snip
I think we're on a great take-off run here and pretty soon POA.com will be the $100 hamburger joint of the internet. :)

... and then I won't be able to afford posting here!!! :D

All I'll say is it's not as expensive as the Babes... ;)

jcasazza said:
Chocolate is evil, unless theres scotch around

:cheerio: Welcome, Joe. LTNS.

I'm "bumping" this thread because, what with AOPA being offline (webboard wise) for 6 weeks and what with us actively trying to get the word out that an alternative is available for the interrim, I think its important that this message get restated. :)

(Yes, we got Robert's ok before advertising. Generally I hate cross-posting and advertising but I hate the idea of AOPA's users not having somewhere else to go, more)

I think I mentioned asking Robert if AOPA would list alternative boards including this one on the "construction zone" web page that will temporarily replace their webboard. He got back to me yesterday about that saying that the answer from management was no.

Yeah, he said the same thing to me. That's ok, I think we got the word out about a temporary home away from home as much as we could while we could.

Pretty soon we're going to be making fliers available for printing out that you'll be able to hang at your local FBO - hopefully that will help spread the word by word of mouth. :)

wsuffa said:
All I'll say is it's not as expensive as the Babes... ;)

We'd be cheap at twice the price. ...... what? $50,000 is a bargain! :blowkiss:

Moxie said:
We'd be cheap at twice the price. ...... what? $50,000 is a bargain! :blowkiss:
I didn't know you were for sale! What's the number of your broker?? :D ;) :cheerio:

Greebo said:
I didn't know you were for sale! What's the number of your broker?? :D ;) :cheerio:

I see Greebo headed to Frogdom....

Hi all. Today is my first day on here. Greg B. told me about this site yesterday when he flew into MKC in his C-195, what a great looking plane! Lovely sounding radial. ANyways, work of mouth is getting around. This is a cool site.

Greebo said:
Frogdom???

I've seen you over at the Babe's board! Haven't you figurred out that we are all princesses and frogs? And if you don't want to be a princess then your a Frog! and all bad boys are sent to the frog house.... now go join Dave!

Missa
<darn can't load the frog house in....>

Erm, well, yeah I pop in over there from time to time, but I don't read everything...

... and I don't WANT to be a princess! Thats not in keeping with my machoness!

Greebo said:
Erm, well, yeah I pop in over there from time to time, but I don't read everything...

... and I don't WANT to be a princess! Thats not in keeping with my machoness!

You should read everything... just make sure to put the coffee down first or I can't be held responsable for the condition of your keyboard and monitor. :rofl:

You would make a prity prity princess.... :~princess

Missa
So do you know why it wouldn't take the picture?

How big is the picture?

Anyway I'm a cat - check the avatar, it proves it!

I eat frogs and sit on princesses laps. Mmm, laps....

Greebo said:
How big is the picture?

Anyway I'm a cat - check the avatar, it proves it!

I eat frogs and sit on princesses laps. Mmm, laps....

Umm... big. Guess that's why. So why doesn't it just say that instead of giving me a funky weird error message that I can't decifer.

Maybe you should work on that too... ;)

Missa

If the error was a 'Mysql' error, then I know about it - and it won't be fixed until we can afford more than the 2 measly GB storage we have now.

You'll have to shrink your picture down to a more reasonable size before posting, sorry. :(

Missa, I have a new avatar just for the frogs, and also a new icon smiley: :froggie:

Greebo said:
Missa, I have a new avatar just for the frogs, and also a new icon smiley: :froggie:

Man I like this board... all this and a spell checker too!

Still not black with pink lettering so it's not home, but darn tooting cool!

Missa:~princess :froggie:

Not that I'm trying to take away from Babes And Airplanes, But you can do different colored lettering here.

Just not backgrounds...unfortunately.

Back