Reference of G1000 features vs software version?

airbrain

Pre-Flight
Display Name

Display name:
AirBrain
Can anyone help me find a reference source where I can identify which features are present on a G1000 given a specific unit software version? I am interested in tracking the various aircraft capabilities at my club. I have downloaded the Garmin airframe_info.xml files which tell me installed software versions numerically. Now, I want to translate that to features present.

From Googling, the closest I have come is the Record of Revisions which indicates which version of the pilot's guide introduced which features. The suffix (e.g. -10) loosely corresponds to the software version, but not exactly.

Part 2 is finding a way to easily inventory features that have been unlocked or installed/activated on the given aircraft, e.g. SVT, WAAS, ADS-B in/out, etc.

Thanks

The software versions are different for every aircraft type, I think... So whatever you come up with will only be relevant to a particular type (ie C172).

There may be something in those airframe_info.xml files about what's installed/unlocked on the plane, but you probably already know about it if there is. Other than that, you may just need to look at each plane to see what it has.

Back