Red Bull Air Race

AKBill

En-Route
Display Name

Display name:
AKBill
Anyone planning to go to the Red Bull Air Race at Las Vegas Motor Speedway in October, dates are October 15/16.

My wife surprised me with tickets, her treat. If you are going to attend PM me if you would like to meet.

Bill B

My wife and I will be there Saturday and Sunday with some friends. Are you hitting the aopa party?

I'll be there both days as well. Does anyone have any tips or suggestions for getting the most out of the event? This is our first time going. What does the AOPA party entail?

I'm actually taking my son to the race in Indy on 10/2 at the speedway. Our first, so we're looking forward to it!

If one person in family is AOPA member, are family members allowed into party at AOPA price?

My bad I missed your hitting the Vegas race. The one at Indy is next weekend that we will be at. Have a great time

I am also going to the Indy race.

You can go on aopa website and buy (I think 6 tickets) at the discounted price. If you do it now they will be at will-call for you unless you live in Indiana.

I guess one time is fun. Was really hoping to see them in a BIG arena like the over water courses. They are so fast that, in what is ridiculously small for them race track, they come in, make a couple turns and they're out - then back through in reverse for a couple turns and they're done. I got so bored I didn't go back Sunday.

Sounds like Vegas race was mostly canceled due to high winds, and Red Bull is dragging their feet regarding refund policy.

I read this is the third year in a row that the Vegas race had cancellations due to wind? Ouch.

Back