Red bull air race, AOPA, Cirrus

Razorxp

Pre-Flight
Display Name

Display name:
Razorxp
I just got home from a fun weekend at Indy for the air races and had a couple thoughts as a new pilot.

1) the races/practice was exciting and red bull did a great job of keeping you entertained even when they were on break. It was great to see so many kids there excited about the planes.

2) AOPA had a party Saturday after the races that was 1st class. I'm sure the weather held some people back but those who attended had a great time. With it being held on the finish line at Indy the atmosphere doesn't get much better than that for race fans.

3) As for Cirrus I know they get crap for their marketing and chutes but while at the AOPA party they had the vision jet and a 22t gts (models) tat they let everyone climb around work all the electronics. They had a sales rep asking any questions without being pushy. I really enjoyed seeing how different the plane is than my Cessna and when the times comes to look at another plane it will be on the list for sure.

Just my thoughts wondering how others thought about the event.

Thanks for the PIREP. I wondered what people thought about it. I didn't make it myself.

Back