Recurring Apple Pay

Scrabo

Pattern Altitude
Display Name

Display name:
Scrabo
Anyone use Apple Pay for recurring/monthly payments ?

What Apple have on their website doesn't match what I see on iPhone/iPad Wallet

Anyone use Apple Pay for recurring/monthly payments ?

What Apple have on their website doesn't match what I see on iPhone/iPad Wallet

I do. Have my cell phone, internet, YT TV, and another subscription service billed to it each month. Simple and convenient. Works just like any cc. What does Apple say you can/can’t do with it?

No, In fact, I've removed every credit card from my ApplePay account. My AmEx card seems to have been compromised every time I've added it there. I have serious doubts about the security.

No, In fact, I've removed every credit card from my ApplePay account. My AmEx card seems to have been compromised every time I've added it there. I have serious doubts about the security.
Having been involved in the early design of Apple Pay, I would be very surprised if it was at fault. The security is pretty darn good. Except for Apple itself, it would be extremely difficult to get your info from it. Of course, they have access to all of it.

I don't miss it since I never use ApplePay. And I haven't had a AmEx breach since I stopped putting the card in there.

i have to agree, I don’t know the nitty gritty details but I’m in the card processing biz and this I know- the NFC (near function has communications) settings on the credit card terminals we use are by default set to $100 max sale… it can be changed but one must go in and do that. There’s no setting like that for swiped/chipped cards - so that was enough for me to figure there’s something not as secure with this… so I don’t use it. It’s not much harder to pull the plastic out if my wallet than my phone out of my pocket…setting up autopay to my card for subscriptions is not difficult either… so count me in for doing it “the old school” way of just using the card!

Back