Recovery of the KEE bird.

I'm talking sub Saharan Africa. I'm talking hauling gold and dimonds out of mining camps deep in the Congo where everything comes and goes via airplane, there are no roads, there is no ice, you may or may not be able to get to a body of water that will be able to transport anything, and even if you could, you wouldn't because it'll stolen in an ambush. They even try to shoot down the planes as they takeoff, occasionally they succeed. Most of that work is being done with LETs and other old east block planes these days. These are jungle strips cleared with primacord and ANFO.

1 usage doesn't make a market..

1 usage doesn't make a market..

Yes, it does when that market is a couple dozen aircraft. That can make their conversion a worthwhile effort. There is also plenty more stuff in Central Asia as far as minerals exploitation. There is a market for them burning cheap diesel fuel.

Yes, it does when that market is a couple dozen aircraft. That can make their conversion a worthwhile effort. There is also plenty more stuff in Central Asia as far as minerals exploitation. There is a market for them burning cheap diesel fuel.

How many have they sold?

How many have they sold?

No idea, I think he just got back up on it last year. It's a small company and they lost one, and I don't know if that investment was insured. IIRC, he lost his son in the crash as well. As you can hear in the video of the crash... "I can't believe it... It's all over." I had thought the project had died until I looked into their website and saw some 2010 activity.

How many DC-3 conversions has Bassler sold?

I was wondering, similar market users in a loader friendly format. Same buyers for one would be a potential buyer here.

you can buy 3 AN-2 colts at 1/3rd the price and getter done.

you can buy 3 AN-2 colts at 1/3rd the price and getter done.

Where you gonna get the 100LL? If they can have 100LL then they can have an unmodified bou or a C-123. That's the problem there, you can't get the fuel in at a viable price. They have diesel fuel, that's it, that's all you get, bring your own centrifuge.

Back