Records Management

jmpoplin

Pre-Flight
Display Name

Display name:
NCFlyer
Greetings,

I am trying to get my aircraft records in order and have a stack of FAA Form 8130's and a stack of Yellow Tags (maintenance release/serviceable tags). Are these similar or one in the same? I suppose they should at least be kept together? New owner just trying to learn...thanks!

AFAIK Yellow tags don't mean too much or hold much legal weight. The 8130 is the official return to service document. I have stacks of both also :)

I have a huge binder that I put those three hole clear plastic paper holders in and insert all paperwork relevant to a job into one of them... if they fit.

Chronological order helps too.

AFAIK Yellow tags don't mean too much or hold much legal weight. The 8130 is the official return to service document. I have stacks of both also :)

I have a huge binder that I put those three hole clear plastic paper holders in and insert all paperwork relevant to a job into one of them... if they fit.

Chronological order helps too.

I too have huge binders with the plastic sheets as my previous owners didn't see fit to take good care of the records from 1977 until now. I am trying to reverse that and get everything in good order. Thanks!

Back