Recording device for solo.

Here is my “control panel” of my GoPro. Looks like no mic option.

Oh, and this is my wife’s hand; my nails aren’t that long and my hands aren’t that soft.

The mic adapters I’ve seen use the usb

Ok. My CFI just text me back and said NO GO GOPRO.

He is my instructor and I fully respect his reasoning. There will be no recording of anytime. However, I am looking forward to having my shirt cut.

Sorry to waste everyone's time.

He is my instructor and I fully respect his reasoning. There will be no recording of anytime. However, I am looking forward to having my shirt cut.

Something that might still be valuable in the video realm... do a vlog of your flight(s) at your desk recording what the days mission was, how well you executed it, what you learned, what could you have done better and what is next.

Thank you. As my time is getting closer, I started watching solo flights on YouTube. I must have watched five videos last night. I just text my CFI and told it is not a problem at all. We get along really well, and I respect what he says. In retrospect, I should have asked my CFI before asking PoA. From now on, I will always ask my CFI before assuming anything.

Just hold your cellphone out and record everything. I'm sure your CFI won't take that away from you. You can fly one handed if you try.

[Sarcasm Alert for the Humor challenged]

It is what I used for this video.

Okay, bad idea for first solo. :D [Further humor/sarcasm alert for the easily butthurt]

Are you training to be a filmmaker or to be a pilot?

Are you training to be a filmmaker or to be a pilot?

Salty, if the question is for me, I want to be a pilot. I just wanted to capture the moment while flying.

My captured moment will now be when I land and have the back of my shirt cut.

I am completely fine with not having the GoPro. I am just so excited to be flying solo.

Hi.
There is some other information you can get after you get back on the ground. Go to flightradar24 and view your path / track and altitudes.

If you have an Android device, like a phone or tablet, you can download Avare, and one WAC chart for your area, turn your GPS On, Enable Track On, and put it in view of sats. / shirt pocket. When you come back, turn Track Off, you will have .kml file that you can play on GEarth and some free app for Win OS like TrackMaker.

I find it interesting that the CFI does not want a record that you can actually discuss and analyze after you come back. Before the GoPro / small cameras I use to give an Etrex / legend GPS to everyone I was involved with and discussed the flight after they landed. Having a video of the flight much improves the ability to analyze and do a post flight evaluation.

Back