Recording ATC radio chatter

CJones

Final Approach
Display Name

Display name:
uHaveNoIdea
How can I record the audio we'll hear when flying to OSH later this week? Is there an in-line adapter I can use and plug the headset to? I'll probably have to record on a laptop, since I haven't broken down to get an IPod yet. IF, for some reason, I did stumble onto an IPod, how would I go about getting it in the flow of electron traffic? Also, my parents have a decent digital video camera I might try to sneak into the flight bag. Is there any way I could get the audio into it so I could make a "Getting to Oshkosh" video? I'm not sure how all the voltages from the audio panel, etc. are running. I don't want to fry anything electronic. *By the way: We have a Garmin GMA 340 audio panel but we don't have any extra headset plugs. I also have a handheld Transciever I can use.

Thanks for any suggestions..

-Chris

* I just found a previous thread addressing this issue. I will look to it for info. If you have 'updated' info, feel free to post it. Sorry for double-posting so soon.

Last edited:
There are in-line adapters for about $35. I got mine at San-Val http://www.san-val.com/, not much for on-line ordering but you can call them.

If you have an extra seat you can get a 1/4" to 1/8" adapter from Radio Shack for about $2 and a cable to go into a dictating machine or your Camcorder if it has external audio input jack.

Joe

Back