Recommendations to fly in Door County Wisconsin

mandm

Pattern Altitude
Display Name

Display name:
Michael
Thinking about a day trip for a late lunch / early dinner and possibly a 1-2 hour hike with the dogs. Any recommendations? Ideally looking for a cute small town dog friendly very walkable with a nearby hiking trail.

Thinking 3D2 / Fish Creek, open to suggestions, any recommendations?

What do you fly again? 2P2 (all grass) is nice, quick access to a beach. Runways are on the shorter side but should be manageable with a light piston. 3D2 also has access to a forest nearby. I think both have entires in the RAF’s airfield guide.

What do you fly again? 2P2 (all grass) is nice, quick access to a beach. Runways are on the shorter side but should be manageable with a light piston. 3D2 also has access to a forest nearby. I think both have entires in the RAF’s airfield guide.

PA28R Arrow

IMG_1281.jpeg IMG_1284.jpeg IMG_1279.jpeg IMG_1269.jpeg

Ended up flying to 3D2 today, was originally planning to hike around and grab something to eat as I didn’t make any reservations. The airport offered their courtesy car (they also have bicycles), went into town and got the Fish Boil at Kettle Black in Fish Creek, was very tasty, recommended. The entire town is friendly and it’s a peaceful retreat from the city.

Nice!! I need to get back up there for a fish boil

Back