Recommendations on fast-track programs

MrManH

Pre-takeoff checklist
Display Name

Display name:
MrManH
Hello everyone, long time no see!

I've been very busy the past couple years and put my commercial training on standby. I have now saved enough money to dedicate my full time to finishing my ratings. I have my 2nd class medical, PPL, Instrument Rating and meet all the prerequisites for the commercial checkride. I also just re-passed the written test because my previous one expired unfortunately. So the only thing that currently separates me from the commercial check-ride is the training with a CFI on all those lovely maneuvers that I haven't practiced in 2 years!

My original goal was to do all that at my current flight school that I'm in great terms with, but the problem is that the worst flying season is starting right about now in Chicago. Having learned how to fly during Chicago winters, it's a less than ideal experience that I'd be happy to avoid. As a result, I'm considering going to a warmer state temporarily to get my commercial license, and then CFI.

I'd like to know if anyone has recommendations on flight schools that offer accelerated training.
Here are the ones I crossed out due to poor reviews:
-IFLYCOAST
-American Flying Academy

Here are the ones I'm still looking at:
-ATP
-Classic Air Aviation (I called them already)
-American Flyers

My main criteria are cost and transparency. I don't really have a preference on location other than VFR above freezing climate!

Thanks for your time.

I'm working on my commercial now at Palm Beach flight training located at the Lantana Florida airport. KLNA. They run a very professional and competent operation. You can give them a call and see if they have an instructor available to meet your accelerated schedule desires. I'm working with Dennis because I was told he was tough and old school which I like.

Thanks guys, I'm going to look into those! Keep 'em coming :)

So far I'm liking what I read about Classic Air Aviation in Arizona :)

Back