recommendations for mid-atlantic or NE flight tomorrow

TMetzinger

Final Approach
Display Name

Display name:
Tim
I've got a seminole booked and am looking to go have lunch somewhere new and fun. I'm leaving Frederick Maryland and looking for something within maybe 300 miles or so, with food on the field or within an easy walk. Beaches or other local places to waste time a plus. Paved runway required.

Thanks for any suggestions!

GED (Georgetown, DE) is reputed to have some yummy crabcakes.

Ocean City, NJ has good food, and it's less than 1/2 mile walk to the beach, though further than that for the boardwalk. Frankly, my wife and I aren't that interested in the boardwalk, we go for the beach itself, so it's a great trip for us.

LNS has Airways pilot shop, and most yummy food, though that may be a little closer than you want.

W05 (Gettysburg) is a fun trip, but I don't know if the taxi company is still giving rides to the battlefield.

I second Ocean City, NJ (26N)

I ate at the diner there many times. Great service/food/price.

No fee for food or a quick turn. I think there is a parking fee if you are going to be there for the whole day.

I am stopping there tomorrow morning around 11-12 for some good service & CHEAP 100LL. Best price around @ $3.33 cash $3.43 credit

I'm heading to Atlantic City (Bader) tomorrow. Should be a great day to walk on the boardwalk.

Greg
182RG

Monmouth Executive, Belmar, NJ (BLM) has a really good restaurant.

Sky Manor, Pittstown, NJ (N40) has the world's best burgers.

Mt. Pocono Muni, PA (MPO) has a courtesy car (or did last I was there which was about a year ago) to go into town for easts. It's a real scenic area.

Williamsport, PA (IPT) is also in a real scenic area and has a good restaurant.

Oh I forgot Blairstown NJ. Then again Greg is going to AIY. Why not meet up and get a hoagie at the Whithouse.

TMetzinger said:
I've got a seminole booked and am looking to go have lunch somewhere new and fun. I'm leaving Frederick Maryland and looking for something within maybe 300 miles or so, with food on the field or within an easy walk. Beaches or other local places to waste time a plus. Paved runway required.

Thanks for any suggestions!

Tim, at 333 miles KASH, Nashua NH is a great place to visit. In addition to the Mid Field Cafe you have the Wings Pilot Shop. Check it out...

http://www.airnav.com/airport/KASH

Regards,

John T.

Thanks for all the suggestions - I'm going to head to Brookhaven, on Lawn Guyland, NeeYawk (KHWV)

Fly safe!

TMetzinger said:
Thanks for all the suggestions - I'm going to head to Brookhaven, on Lawn Guyland, NeeYawk (KHWV)

Fly safe!
Well. If you are there around Oneish, I will see you there.

I Buy ya a cup of corefee :)

I will be in a Purtty Musketeer with brown & gold stripes N8781M

Tim,

not that this has anything to do about you post but I am heading to Frederick on Sun for an angel flight.

Fly safe Tim,

Bob

Eamon said:
Well. If you are there around Oneish, I will see you there.

I Buy ya a cup of corefee :)

I will be in a Purtty Musketeer with brown & gold stripes N8781M

I'll be in a somewhat well used Seminole N2241Z. Should be getting there around noonish and staying a while.

So, how did your visit to Brookhaven (HWV) go?

It was great! ATC sent me waaaay out over the ocean since I was in a twin (which was fun, since in a twin you get TWO engines that go "auto-rough" over water). The airport was busy, the restaurant was good, and I got to meet two new friends, Toby and Eamon.

On the way back, I flew down the Hudson at 900 feet, and I've attached a picture. A great day for flying!

Attachments

• hudson river 900 feet.jpg
    hudson river 900 feet.jpg
    184.6 KB · Views: 25
TMetzinger said:
It was great! ATC sent me waaaay out over the ocean since I was in a twin (which was fun, since in a twin you get TWO engines that go "auto-rough" over water). The airport was busy, the restaurant was good, and I got to meet two new friends, Toby and Eamon.

On the way back, I flew down the Hudson at 900 feet, and I've attached a picture. A great day for flying!

Nice to meet you :) See you againg soon.

Back