Recommendations for Instrument Instructor in Northern Detroit suburbs?

dkneisler

Filing Flight Plan
Display Name

Display name:
David Kneisler
I am looking for a good and experienced instrument instructor to fly with me in my Cherokee 235 out of Troy MI (7D2). My intent is to get as much actual time as possible this spring / early summer to hone my instrument flying skills. I would appreciate any recommendations that you may make.

David
N8509N

Last edited:
Keith Byrd at Berz Flight Training out of Oakland Troy!

http://www.berzflighttraining.com/

Just don't take my time slot!

all the Berz guys are great!

(Razor is good too but I'll let her post if she wants more students)

Missa

His Bio:
Keith Byrd
[size=-1]A flight instructor since 1986, Keith is a former American Airlines captain who has flown B-727, MD-80 and B-757 aircraft as well as operate a banner towing company with tail wheel aircraft for twelve years, fly charter in twin Cessnas for five years and part-time corporate assignments. While at TWA, he was a flight manager in charge of new-hire line training in New York and a company check airman for several years. Keith can teach primary students, instrument, commercial and multi-engine as well as tail wheel endorsements.[/size]

P.S. If your looking for a Saftey pilot or just someone to sit in the right seat and fuss with the radios, you can call me!

Last edited:
P.S. As of March 17 Oakland troy is no longer 7D2... with the new AWOS they changed it to VLL

Missa said:
Keith Byrd at Berz Flight Training out of Oakland Troy!

Thank you Missa. I'll check out Berz this weekend. One of the guys I know; Ken Madeleine. I did a BFR with him 8 or 10 years ago back when Berz (the airport) was still open; I was impressed with his ability to teach. I appreciate the lead!

David

Only problem is that Ken, like Todd (my primary instructor), is only a CFI. He's a good guy just like the rest of Berz.

There are two CFII at Berz. Keith and Joe Taylor. But Joe like Ken is a part time instructor on the weekends only. Your post made it seem like you were looking for more time then just the weekends, so I recomended Keith but either would work.

Missa
* You can tell them I sent you, if you want... I like having things to hold over Keith... but it may not be in your best intrest ;)

David if you find a good CFII at VLL let me know too hahahahahaha

Dave who resides in K3 (and who hopes Carolyn never reads this post) ;)

Back