Recommendations for Florida -> Bahamas rentals

Tantalum

Final Approach
Display Name

Display name:
San_Diego_Pilot
The Google is not turning up too many results

Do you guys know any outfit near the Palm Beach area that has rentals we could take to Bahamas? Preferably multi (over water and all that) but given the lack of options I'd be open to anything

Any ideas?

That seems like a tough one. Even if you have a moonwalk in your logbook their gonna want some time to rent a twin.

I suppose just going commercial or some charter won’t cut it? I’ll bet rental boats are booked too.

That seems like a tough one. Even if you have a moonwalk in your logbook their gonna want some time to rent a twin.

I suppose just going commercial or some charter won’t cut it? I’ll bet rental boats are booked too.
It's a group of friends going and Florida has different sentimental reasons to each of us.. the idea of flying a plane to the Bahamas is cool

But in practice it seems a bit harder than we originally aniticipated

I'm the only one with a multi anyway so that's not a realistic option if people want to fly as well. But I figured I'd ask here in case anyone new of a club or school there that would be a good option. I imagine people flying small planes to the Bahamas from Florida is relatively "common"

If there is more than one pilot what about renting (2) ASEL for the the overall group, maybe even more fun and not much more expensive.

If there is more than one pilot what about renting (2) ASEL for the the overall group, maybe even more fun and not much more expensive.
3 pilots, 6 people, maybe 10.. a few planes would be fun

PIC twin rental as a transient client? not gonna happen. Even a single they're prob gonna want the usual checkout deal. Wouldn't be surprised if the insurance doesn't allow them to let the client take it to Bahamas. I know back home they would forbid me from landing the rental at the island municipalities, though people do it anyways (big risk on the insurance front).

This is one mission you're probably gonna have to put some real skin in the game like the rest of us poor-mouthers, homey.

PIC twin rental as a transient client? not gonna happen. Even a single they're prob gonna want the usual checkout deal. Wouldn't be surprised if the insurance doesn't allow them to let the client take it to Bahamas. I know back home they would forbid me from landing the rental at the island municipalities, though people do it anyways (big risk on the insurance front).
I don't mind doing a checkout, I had called one club (I forget the name now) about 6 months ago, they needed 3 hrs dual in their Cirrus (if you already had the CSIP) for checkout and were okay with Bahamas flights.. but that was then. Not sure what the post pandemic world is like

This is one mission you're probably gonna have to put some real skin in the game
To what capacity? I don't mind putting some time in (within reason) for a trip like that.. would be pretty awesome to island hop your way around. Granted, I'd far rather do it in a twin but everything I have found now only does dual twin

I was just joking, i assumed rentals did not allow Bahamas excursions. If you can find a cirrus rental to cross, that d be the way to go.

Before the pandemic I traveled to and rented from f45 north county airport a place called platinum quite frequently They have/had a nice g1000182 and the required raft, life preserver and etc might be worth a call. Renting is different in FL about 50/50 with instructors either great or terrible. Got checked out and rented twice a year. Always nice but the third time i had to be very clear i would not be happy to pay for their time to get plane from hanger or fuel or put oil in plane....it should be on line ready. Would love to hear about this and follow along may do this in September October if works for u....also rented a lake amphibian from a Lantana based school however plane a and school are gone.

Back