Recommendations for best stop X/C

VWH3RD

Filing Flight Plan
Display Name

Display name:
Vernon
Flying from Phila to San Clemente early April and looking for ideas on an interesting place somewhere midway to stop. I'm thinking about someplace with a good on field restaurant and or cool site seeing spot.

Kansas or Colorado maybe?

Flying from Phila to San Clemente early April and looking for ideas on an interesting place somewhere midway to stop. I'm thinking about someplace with a good on field restaurant and or cool site seeing spot.

Kansas or Colorado maybe?

HUT Hutchinson KS. Steakhouse on airport. Taxi ride to Cosmosphere. http://cosmo.org/

San Clemente ISLAND?

San Clemente doesn't have an airport. And if you're flying a Navy jet, your refueling options might be a bit different.

I tell ya, when I flew from coast to coast we had the best time just landing at the next Podunk airport de jour, grabbing the beater crew car and headed to the dude on the field's directions for best eats.

We found some amazing BBQ in old cop cars with mirrors duct taped on and wound up in places much better than most airport diners!

San Clemente ISLAND?

San Clemente doesn't have an airport. And if you're flying a Navy jet, your refueling options might be a bit different.

Not the island and not a military jet.
Flying into John Wayne in a TBM 850

I don't know about sight seeing, but Ponca City, OK (PNC) is a good stop for food/fuel. Decent Mexican restaurant right there at the FBO and fuel price is usually pretty good too

Borger Tx has crew cars and there is BBQ in town. Service at the airport is very good.

Centennial airport, CO has a good restaurant on field and crew cars available. Very good service.

Many, many other options...

Back