Recommendations for Accelerated IR Course in the West

Craig Valentine

Filing Flight Plan
Display Name

Display name:
CraigV
It looks like an accelerated course will work best for me. Any recommendations for any here in the west? I live in Northern California and the Carolina’s and Florida are too far.

Are you near Hayward? Talk to Mohammed at PFC (Professional Flight Crew).

Professional Instrument Course. 1-800-I-Fly-IFR

https://www.iflyifr.com/

They send the a very experienced CFII to you. Use your airplane or a local rental

It looks like an accelerated course will work best for me. Any recommendations for any here in the west? I live in Northern California and the Carolina’s and Florida are too far.

Just keep in mind the IR is not the easy rating the presence of 10 day courses suggest and none of these school disclose the number of students who fail to meet the test standard at the end of the 10 day course. In other words, the artist can finish the sculpture in 10 days if he has good clay. If you are a newly minted private, low time private, not comfortable with ATC ect, you may struggle with an accelerated course.

Last edited:
I did my IR in a 10 day course. I was actually ready in less than the 10 days. It is totally doable, I got 7 hours of actual IMC as well.

I did a 10 day course (with 1 day off to recoup, so 9 days really) at American flyers, and while super intense, I made it through (it was bad rough! Haha) If going 10 day I recommend not doing it close to home. Go away so you have no distractions. 10 days completed with a decent amount of IMC but had to have the written done before I went.

Back