Recommend me a tablet for P&W Tech Pubs

overtorqued

Filing Flight Plan
Display Name

Display name:
Ed
P&W recently started providing tech pubs in such a way that I can't download a pdf. In the past I downloaded the pdf's and put them on my iPad to use in the hangar. Now you download a zip file that gives you an icon on your desktop that I can't seem to convert to a pdf. I can't even figure out how to open in on my MacBook. I was able to access them on one of our Windows 10 machines in the office.

The only work around I see is to get a Windows 10 tablet. A friend says they can be had for $100.00 but it sounds too good to be true. One thing I like about being 100% Apple (iPhone, iPad, MacBook Air) is that it all just works every time, as I am not IT savvy or interested in becoming IT savvy. Is there anything out there that would be reliable and user friendly?

Contact P&W and ask what applications are available on the Mac for their pubs.

Many app on iPad can unzip a zip file and read the PDF. GoodReader is one of them.

You don't "convert" a zip file to a pdf; you extract the pdf files from the zip file. If you don't have a zip app for the iPad, extract them on your pc and then transfer them to the iPad.

Many app on iPad can unzip a zip file and read the PDF. GoodReader is one of them.

This!

GoodReader also allows you to put docs into individual folders if you so desire.

The Macbook should be able to open the zip file automatically. Just click on it. It should open just like any other folder. If it won't the zip file itself may be bad.

Thanks for the advice, I will check into Good Reader.

The only work around I see is to get a Windows 10 tablet. A friend says they can be had for $100.00 but it sounds too good to be true. One thing I like about being 100% Apple (iPhone, iPad, MacBook Air) is that it all just works every time, as I am not IT savvy or interested in becoming IT savvy. Is there anything out there that would be reliable and user friendly?
Don't take this wrong, but I just have to point out: Your post is asking for help making something work on a platform that "just works every time".

Sorry. It struck me as funny.

Back