Recommend avionics shop in West Coast

Johnny Costello

Pre-Flight
Display Name

Display name:
Johnny Costello
Looking for recommend Avionics shops on West Coast to update my stec 50 to GFC 500.

The "west coast" encompasses a fair bit of territory.

Crown Aviation, KPAE, Everett, WA.

Inter Avionics in Pasco Wa (KPSC) is a shop that does excellent work. Their website isn’t much but the work they do is superb.

Maybe he froze enroute. We will hear from him again after spring thaw. :D

I’m in California SF Bay Area but any California shops are preferred

You'd fly 400nm south but not 450nm north? :D The northern option saves you 10% just in sales tax alone. RNM is a good shop though.

I think either stay local (convenient for squawks and fine tuning), or if you go outside of the bay area, then get a deal for the potential hassle.

I’m looking at pacific cost aviation as well. Calling multiple to see what kind of work I can do. Getting the ball rolling seeing as long wait times for garmin products currently

The northern option saves you 10% just in sales tax alone.

Gotta be really careful about that, since technically you'd owe it as a self-declared use tax. And the county assessor appraisal form asks about avionics upgrades...then one tax agency starts talking to another and soon you have both the county and the state asking questions.

On my list for tomorrow. Second person I know who has recommend this shop
Romana Avionics is definitely legit, high quality. Also definitely "full price". Don't expect a bargain, but expect solid work

Sent from my SM-S901U1 using Tapatalk

Gotta be really careful about that, since technically you'd owe it as a self-declared use tax. And the county assessor appraisal form asks about avionics upgrades...then one tax agency starts talking to another and soon you have both the county and the state asking questions.

Yes, I bet the assessor is just drowning in those self-declared use taxes and accurately filled out annual plane quizzes :D

I'm not affiliated with either shop, I don't care where OP gets his wires soldered. I do think if he's going to suffer the asspain of having a shop 400mi away do his work, he needs something in return. Otherwise he may as well just get in line at SJC

Back