Recommend a source for seat cushion

twdeckard

Pre-takeoff checklist
Display Name

Display name:
twdeckard
Any recommendations for a cheap seat cushion/booster for a 9 year old riding in the front of a C172/182/210? 57 inches tall.

Looking for a source for a good booster, anybody found anything cheap and clever? car booster, boat cushion?

Todd

I think that is the business (seat cushions)that got Aircraft Spruce started. check with them.

I used one of the folding boat cushions for a while, then somebody gave me a narrower version with a vinyl cover that is sold by the pilot shops.

The Oregon Aero (sp) cushions are first-rate.

I used a regular chair cushion (the kind that tie on the legs of wooden chairs) to boost me up to see over the instrument panel. Pillows work just as well.

They're not cheap, but Oregon Aero's seat cushion made my worn-out seats bearable, and with 2.5" of stiff foam, they provided a much-needed boost.

For Young Eagles, I have a collection of outdoor furniture cushions. Two 1-in thick, and another 2 that are 3-4 in thick. Mix & match as needed. Total cost? About $10.

I use a king-size pillow doubled over inside the pillowcase. Works very well, costs $10 for the pillow & $5 for the pillowcase, weighs nothing. Doubles as a pillow at Oshkosh.

Boat seat cushions. And they double as a floatation device for when you forget to file a flight plan.

I used a regular chair cushion (the kind that tie on the legs of wooden chairs) to boost me up to see over the instrument panel. Pillows work just as well.

Me too.

Any recommendations for a cheap seat cushion/booster for a 9 year old riding in the front of a C172/182/210? 57 inches tall.

Looking for a source for a good booster, anybody found anything cheap and clever? car booster, boat cushion?

Todd

You can get car booster seats at Target, etc. for about $35-40. I think that's better that a cobbled together solution, since the car boosters are designed to keep seat belts and shoulder harnesses positioned correctly.

Boat seat cushions. And they double as a floatation device for when you forget to file a flight plan.

+1 Also handy to have when you make a habit of flying low over the ocean.

You can get car booster seats at Target, etc. for about $35-40. I think that's better that a cobbled together solution, since the car boosters are designed to keep seat belts and shoulder harnesses positioned correctly.

If you go this route, which is a good option for your kids, make sure that are airline approved, or is it aircraft approved, or FAA approved? It's one of those and I think if you are ever ramped checked and you've got one of the booster seats in there it has to be. I could be wrong, this is not from first hand knowledge, just stuff I've read on the Internet, so it must be true. :D

Back