Recommend a good book for HP/complex flying

jasc15

Pre-takeoff checklist
Display Name

Display name:
Joe
I have been thinking of getting a complex/HP endorsement, but would first like to read about what is involved. I came across one book, and one review on amazon had this to say:

Most pilots I know (self included) speak in terms of approximations guesses and hand me down procedures that often times don't have roots in science, and engineering. "Set the throttle about here for cruise", "Set the mixture about here for cruise" are things that I hear commonly during "hangar talk". After reading this books most of your questions regarding engine performance and aircraft performance will be answered.
I like this sort of thing, since that's how I think and remember things. I havent found any other books on the subject, and was hoping some of you folks could recommend some.

for engine management any of the Pelican Perch articles on Avweb.com are good reading

Kershner's Advanced Pilot Manual is good too.

Everyone learns differently, so a book that may be good for one student (with lots of pictures) may be horrible for another (who would rather have written descriptions and a discussion with a CFI).

Back