Recomendation for school and employment

S

syatech

Need a recomendation for a school, that after training I could/would have the best chance of earning employment as an instructor. I have no desire for the regionals just need the best location and enviroment to enjoy being a CFI. Currently have the required specific hours for the commercial and a current class II. Can train full time and relocate as required within the lower 48.

Check with Central Missouri State University in Warrensburg, MO. They have a flight school and may be able to do you some good.

By "school" do you mean a university with a flight training program so you get a degree and flight training, or just a flight school to learn to fly?

Need a recomendation for a school, that after training I could/would have the best chance of earning employment as an instructor.

That could be just about anywhere right now, the need for instructors is so terribly high. You should have a lot of choices to the point where the hardest part would be narrowing it down. There are a lot of places you could be happy. Hopefully someone can help since I don't have good suggestions offhand.

By "school" do you mean a university with a flight training program so you get a degree and flight training, or just a flight school to learn to fly?

I have earned degrees from several colleges and universities and now my focus is flight training via most likely a part 61 program. I retired early and am now I hope on a short final to my dream job. Big or small school not the priority.

I have earned degrees from several colleges and universities and now my focus is flight training via most likely a part 61 program. I retired early and am now I hope on a short final to my dream job. Big or small school not the priority.

There are a lot of flight schools here in Houston, TX that are looking for instructors, and the cost of living here is VERY reasonable. Check these out, for starters:

www.ansonair.com
www.westhoustonairport.com
www.goflyingtigers.com

And there are a plethora of other schools around this area. Just about all of them are looking for instructors, especially one who wants to instruct and not just build time for an airline job.

The first question is - where do you want to live ? There are so many instructor openings now that you can pretty well take your pick.

I wonder if the pay is beginning to reflect this reality.

Maybe. There was a full-page ad in one of my flying magazines advertising a need for flight instructors and offering a starting salary of $40,000.

If you're a late-blooming aviator, and looking to instruct, some of the big training schools are possible, especially the quality operators like Flight Safety.

Back