Recipes of Hangar cooking & grilling

HangarSphere

Filing Flight Plan
Display Name

Display name:
HangarSphere
Hi all,
I'm collecting recipes for cooking & grilling out at the hangar. Please list your favorite pancake recipe or your favorite steak marinade or anything in between. I'll go first...

Crunchy Peanut Butter Hamburger

Ingredients:
1. Crunchy peanut butter
2. Freshly cooked bacon chopped into small pieces
3. Chopped Jalapeños
4. Pepper Jack Cheese (cut into very small cubes)
5. Ground Beef

Each hamburger patty will consist of two, thin hamburger patties. Mix crunchy peanut butter, bacon pieces, chopped jalapeños, and cubed pepper jack cheese in a bowl. Scoop out a golf-ball sized portion of the "batter" and place it on one of the thin hamburger patties. Take the other patty and lay it over the other patty and the "batter." Lightly pinch the two patties together to seal the mixture inside the burger. You may want to press the patty flatter before grilling.

Note - Mix proportions to whatever you want.

Looking forward to seeing what is submitted.
Thanks,
Lars

Garlic Tri-Tip al la Sac

Ingredients:

1. Tri-tip, 2-3 lbs.
2. Quarter clove of garlic
3. Quarter cup balsamic vinegar
4. Quarter cup soy sauce
5. I cup red wine
6. Two tablespoons olive oil
7. Pre-mixed Italian spice blend or make your own from oregano and others.

Trim most of the fat off the tri-tip to avoid flare ups. Peel the husks off the individual pieces of garlic, and cut them length wise in to long flat strips. Take a knife, cut a slit in to the middle of the tri tip and push in a sliver of garlic. Do this uniformly over the whole tri tip. Try to embed them with various depths.

Mix up the balsamic vinegar, soy sauce, oil and spices in to a marinade and soak the tri tip in it for at least eight hours. Overnight is better. Drink the wine. You can put it in the marinade if you want but it doesn't really add anything other than some volume for soaking.

Cook it covered on the Weber, high heat. Sear it while the coals are hot, then cook it for approximately three quarters to one hour depending on how well you like it done. Let stand for 20 minutes, and slice thin, across the grain.

Put it in sandwiches, or on salads. Or just eat it.

Back