Recharge Cell Phone @ Airventure?

MSPAviator

Cleared for Takeoff
Display Name

Display name:
MSPAviator
Anybody have any tips on where/how you can find a stray power outlet to recharge your phone during Airventure? :idea:

There's an internet cafe for members with power. If you're camping, there are outlets by the showers. To be honest, I've left my brand-new gadgets at the shower station for 30 minutes sometimes. I don't worry about someone stealing it. Even the kids there are well behaved (or at least their parents keep them in line).

Anybody have any tips on where/how you can find a stray power outlet to recharge your phone during Airventure? :idea:

The Vintage Aircraft Association operated a cellphone recharging service last year. I assume they will be doing so again this year, no doubt more info is available at the AirVenture website.

I will be bringing a small 12v battery with a plug attached to charge phones. Last year i used the plane, but was afraid i would drain the battery with the master on.

Anybody have any tips on where/how you can find a stray power outlet to recharge your phone during Airventure?

From the July 2011 Vintage Airplane;

VAA's Portable Electronics Charging Station

Do your rechargeable personal electronics like your cell phone or computer go dead before AirVenture’s over? VAA has the solution to your problem!

Immediately west of the VAA Red Barn we will be providing the ability to revitalize those indispensable cell phones, computers, iPods, etc. Turn off your item and bring it and its 120 VAC charger to our charging station. Leave it with the attendant—we’ll give you a claim check. Bring back the claim check in a few hours and receive your equipment all charged up and ready to go. VAA and its volunteers are providing this service to EAA members for whatever donation you feel is appropriate.

I've had very limited reception with ATT at OSH. Hopefully you have a different provider. If not, be prepared.

I've had very limited reception with ATT at OSH. Hopefully you have a different provider. If not, be prepared.

I was from Warbirds to Vintage today and had good Verizon 3G. The issue usually is cell overload, not signal strength issues. During the airshow (when device density is highest on the flight line) I have had 5 bars but not been able to get any data at all.

We are in Row 520, right up against Rwy 27. We've got a 2000 watt Honda generator, and a bunch of power strips. Stop by for a charge in the evenings, and (of course) during our annual HOPS Party Wednesday after the airshow.

We are in Row 520, right up against Rwy 27. We've got a 2000 watt Honda generator, and a bunch of power strips. Stop by for a charge in the evenings, and (of course) during our annual HOPS Party Wednesday after the airshow.

I'll take you up on that Jay! Thanks!

I'll charge my gear at the house with the comfy bed where I sleep each night.

I'm charging mine in the Laundromat. I left it at the charging station, but for some reason it didn't get charged. I heard one other guy at the shower say he had the same experience. OTOH, they charged the MIL's phone with no problem. Maybe a strip got turned off?

Back