Recent Activity and Polls

gkainz

Final Approach
Display Name

Display name:
Greg Kainz
So, does a vote in a poll mark it as recent activity? They keep showing up on the Recent Activity action, even tho there are no news posts in the thread.

gkainz said:
So, does a vote in a poll mark it as recent activity? They keep showing up on the Recent Activity action, even tho there are no news posts in the thread.
Yes. Every vote is considered a 'response', regardless if someone actually posted a reply or not. Took me a while to figure that out, too. ;)

That is a configurable setting. I had it off for a while, so that poll votes didn't "bump" the thread, but I decided to turn it on to help keep the thread active and encourage as many people to vote as possible.

Greebo said:
That is a configurable setting. I had it off for a while, so that poll votes didn't "bump" the thread, but I decided to turn it on to help keep the thread active and encourage as many people to vote as possible.

That's probably OK for most threads, but it was kinda annoying on the one with Ghery's big picture that kept loading. (Great pix, just didn't need to see it so many times....).

It might be better if you could configure it to return to the poll results when you click on the "new posts" button.... or go back to the old way.

Just my 0.02

Back