Recap of last week

asgcpa

En-Route
Display Name

Display name:
CPA
Last week was interesting. Plane had 100 hour so my CFII, son and myself went to pick it up. Owner drove us. This was after 2 hours of sim time. And 2 hours of ground. Flew and did approaches and missed. Convective activity moved south, so we decided to get back to base. Glad we did because 2 hours later it was nasty. Tuesday flew to Lafayette, Eagle Creek (great lunch at Ricks), Monticello, Chicago Midway, then back home. Did various approaches and missed, canceling IFR when on ground, getting clearance when at a non towered airport with associated void time, solidifying approach procedures. Midway had me do a side step. Density altitude sucked and we were in an Archer. Midway controllers wanted best forward speed. Throttle was to the panel and I was only going 110. To add insult to injury, he told the Southwest guy that he was following a Warrior. Wednesday flew to Madison and nailed approaches. Started on holds. Thursday more approaches and published holds. Friday worked, but got in 2 hours of sim time with alternate instructor. Saturday holds, and ground on holds and TAA avionics failures/emergencies. Sunday flew with guy that will be my DPE. He said I made incredible progress since last time he flew with me, and my holds were textbook. Autopilot was giving me grief, and he wondered why I hadn't turned it off before I actually did. It was bumpy, and other than not holding my altitude for about 20 seconds ( he said that would have been a bust) that overall I did well. He said that I still have a lot of maneuvers to cover, and he doesn't want me to rush.

Don't know if I can finish up this week. Still have to do back course, holds at a waypoint (but have Garmin), procedure turns, DME arcs and I don't know what else. Still want to work more on holds.

Tomorrow I'm flying to Iowa.

Last edited:
Your used to being under pressure ,relax you'll get it done.

Back