Reason for Rotating Propeller to Vertical When Done

The other rule is, "nothing is attached to the nose wheel if you're hand is not attached to whatever it is".

I use this rule as well.

And the last 172 I rented has a tow bar with a dent across it about a finger's width and in just the right place, and a brand new prop and exhaust pipe. I'm sure the engine connected to that exhaust pipe is just as new, but it's a bit hard to see.

Hmm, I wonder what happened here….

I use this rule as well.

And the last 172 I rented has a tow bar with a dent across it about a finger's width and in just the right place, and a brand new prop and exhaust pipe. I'm sure the engine connected to that exhaust pipe is just as new, but it's a bit hard to see.

Hmm, I wonder what happened here….

Our plane has a $30k tow bar...

Heard of a few instances where water got into the turbine through that stacks and froze up, prop was not in a position to tow the plane to warmer positions, so it just had to sit and freeze more.
I've had the pleasure of flying a few thousand hours in both PT-6 and TPE-331 powered aircraft and much of it in some very cold climates. Never heard that before. With a PT-6, the blades will be feathered and there will likely strap attached to one of the blades to keep it from windmilling - so you take what you get. Since there are just a handful of Garrett-powered singles, I'm going to assume that you're not referring to them. However, regardless of the powerplant type, if the pilot was doing what s/he ought to have done, they would have put the covers on both the inlet and exhaust and this would be a moot point. My only concern with which way the propeller ends up is the spinner. I want any water to be able to drain.

Back