RealSimGear - GNS430 for Xbox?

Lowflynjack

En-Route
Display Name

Display name:
Jack Fleetwood
Sorry if this has been discussed before, I'm tired of searching!

While watching a friend of mine fly a real simulator the other night to get familiar with a G1000, I started thinking. I have MSFS on my Xbox, and I have the Velocity One Yoke/Controls. Since I have a Garmin 430 in my 182, I think it would be helpful to have the RealSimGear GNS430, but I can't find anything saying it will work with Xbox. Anyone have experience with this?

Alas, it won’t. Only software purchased through the Xbox store can be installed on an Xbox. That is a huge difference between MSFS for Xbox and MSFS for PCs. RealSimGear products need their own drivers, and those are not available from the Xbox store. Apparently it is not easy to get software approved for sale from the Xbox store, because I asked the developer of a program I like to make it available from the Xbox store. The developer said he’d have to look into how to do it. But that was the last I heard from him. Also, countless MSFS programs that work on PCs are not available for Xbox. Xbox is a closed universe.

Alas, it won’t. Only software purchased through the Xbox store can be installed on an Xbox. That is a huge difference between MSFS for Xbox and MSFS for PCs. RealSimGear products need their own drivers, and those are not available from the Xbox store. Apparently it is not easy to get software approved for sale from the Xbox store, because I asked the developer of a program I like to make it available from the Xbox store. The developer said he’d have to look into how to do it. But that was the last I heard from him. Also, countless MSFS programs that work on PCs are not available for Xbox. Xbox is a closed universe.
Thank you! Good to find out before buying it. I guess I'll just use the built in version on the screen.

Back