Real costs of airplane ownership

EHITCH

Pre-takeoff checklist
Display Name

Display name:
Elizabeth
Way back when the AOPA website was in its first incarnation, some wise and generous soul -- I believe it was Ron Levy -- posted a white paper or moral equivalent there of regarding the "real costs" of airplane ownership. I saved it in the hopes of actually needing to refer to it one day, which means I carefully put it into a sub-folder of a folder on another computer, and well, you know. Can't find it to save my life.

I have a friend who is, um, shall we say --- listening to the sirens on the rocks, and I'd like to help him with his journey through these treacherous waters. He's saying things like " .... mmmmm, and so it would only be $427 a month!"

Perhaps this information is posted somewhere here on POA? Or some wise and generous soul with a better organizational system than mine can find their copy? Hope this sounds familiar to some of you,

Thanks,
Elizabeth

It's not, to my knowledge, posted anywhere (and shouldn't be, as it's copyrighted and I've not given such permission), but a copy may be obtained by emailing me (that's email, if you please -- not PM, not snail mail, not carrier pigeon, not smoke signals). And I updated it a couple of years ago, although I have not again since avgas went through the roof.

Check AOPA's web site there is a link about "aircraft ownership", it has been a while since I went through it but it was helpful when I was looking. :)

Thanks Ron, I'll send an email through separate channels.
Elizabeth

I got a copy of it...

and Maria read it. :eek:

Now I'm talking fast about the money differences between experimental and certificated! :(

Back