Ready or not here I come

Captain

Final Approach
Display Name

Display name:
First Officer
Well, vacation is over and I just got out of the sim for my six month recurrent. Signed off for another 6 months, so watch out...I'm back out there!

(note to self: nobody cares)

See how well your perception has grown with just a few days here? Excellent.

See how well your perception has grown with just a few days here? Excellent.

photo.JPG

LA LA LA LA LA LA LA!!!!!!!!

Last edited:
Well, vacation is over and I just got out of the sim for my six month recurrent. Signed off for another 6 months, so watch out...I'm back out there!

Okee dokee.

Just be sure to announce that that you are at the FAF for the VOR-A approach over the CTAF to induce maximum panic among those of us who have no clue about which direction you may be coming from or what you are going to do. :D

Even the dumbest loudest child will eventually learn from osmosis.

Okee dokee.

Just be sure to announce that that you are at the FAF for the VOR-A approach over the CTAF to induce maximum panic among those of us who have no clue about which direction you may be coming from or what you are going to do. :D

Just ask all traffic in the pattern to please advise and be done with it.

And while you're at it, be sure to announce that you're departing from "the active", turning downwind for "the active", base for "the active", etc. When someone asks you which runway you mean, just say so-and-so is active and go back to announcing for "the active".

If anyone cares I never call it the active or ask for any traffic to please advise. I make very standard CTAF calls and ask my FO to do the same.

Heard a Falcon inbound at 20 miles to Marble Falls make that call yesterday. Wondered if any of the unicom Nazis would jump his case.
Just ask all traffic in the pattern to please advise and be done with it.

Back