ready for the "told ya so"

Yep, its part of what kept my attention. We're waiting for about a week of bad weather to clear out now so I can go give it a workout with my CFI buddy. They're predicting two snowstorms in a row over the next 4-6 days.
Don't spend a dime on it, just fly the hell out of it. you have more radios than 80% of the fleet needs.

I intend to fly for a year, add everything together and then calculate the hourly backwards just for curiosity. You and others have said it here already - there is a value in not dealing with the rental system any more as well as co-owners. (big grin here)

Don't. Just don't. Ha. Just fly the crap out of it and enjoy it. It doesn't matter now. ;)

If it also has a turn / slip coordinator, it is even IFR equipped, in case you ever want to pursue an instrument rating. :)

Yeah, just fly that thing. Great buy. Don't sink any money into making it pretty.

... The Skyhawk came stock with wheel pants, more insulation, upgrade upholstery, and all that upscale crap ... and a real, honest to God ... 90 channel VHF com radio. I don't know if wheel pants were an option on the 172 or not, but they were definitely an option, not standard equipment....

I had inside information that THIS 172 has pants.

Congratulations and welcome to aircraft ownership...:happydance: Enjoy her and fly safely...

Back