Ready for that Glider add on?

Folks, this place is Glider Nirvana.

Group shot:

attachment.php

Me, Chris Uhl (Longus), Chris Roberts (Brevus), Matt Michael, Adam Kite, Burt Compton, Pete VonTresckow

Attachments

• DSC01390.jpg
    DSC01390.jpg
    55 KB · Views: 159
Group shot:

attachment.php

Me, Chris Uhl (Longus), Chris Roberts (Brevus), Matt Michael, Adam Kite, Burt Compton, Pete VonTresckow

What a ratty lookin group of so-and-so's. ;) :rofl: Sounds like everyone had a good time! Congrats on a successful trip!

Well I'm back, and am now a GP G. I'll post some more about the checkride later. But in the mean time, here are some pics from this week.

Sunset Blanik
IMG_0937.JPG

Chris Uhl in the DG-1000
IMG_0970.JPG

Adam "Danger" Kite in the K-13
IMG_1007.JPG

Tony "Leans" Condon in the K-13
IMG_1002.JPG

Post Checkride Pete Enjoying the rear seat in the K-13
IMG_0996.JPG

Short Final at Marfa
IMG_0984.JPG

K-13 about to take off
IMG_0973.JPG

I look a little crazy in that picture, Pete!

we should almost send this picture into Soaring magazine, we have two commercials, a CFI-G, a CFI-G renewal, two solos in a new type, and a bonified tow pilot

two flight reviews too. Im the only one who didnt gain or extend some sort of operating privilege. I did get Brevus tow current and flight reviewed and signed off Pete though, I suppose that counts for something.

we should almost send this picture into Soaring magazine, we have two commercials, a CFI-G, a CFI-G renewal, two solos in a new type, and a bonified tow pilot

Yea, but like 5 of us are tilting our heads. What kind of message would that send to the rest of the gliding community much less the larger aviation community?

Yea, but like 5 of us are tilting our heads. What kind of message would that send to the rest of the gliding community much less the larger aviation community?

obviously most of us are disoriented in one way or another.

Matt,
We can send in the better picture, where we are all looking, it would look good in the accomplishments section, or we could tell them we were singing Goofys Glider

Next time we need to work up a group performance of Goofys Glider theme. That would be a riot

We really need to get Chris Uhl a blue hat like Goofy has....

I'm not a head-tilter, myself, and it would seem a bad idea in theory, but I've seen plenty of cockpit footage of (pro) acro pilots tilting their heads in steep turns and rolling maneuvers... almost as if they are trying to keep their head as level as possible. Might just be a matter of personal taste, and if it works for an airshow or race pilot, it may not be a bad habit (for everybody). My first guess is that some acro pilots do this to try to minimize blood flow away from the brain during high-gee maneuvers.
Watch this guy tilt his head... and note how much gee he's pulling (and how rapidly!). Ouch!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_NfCZZuCUTE

Back