Reading up on radar

Dave Siciliano

Final Approach
Display Name

Display name:
Dave Siciliano
Anyone know of a good article or course on how to operate an on board radar system most effectively? Got the manual for the KWX-56 on the Baron and have read some general information, but the manual and other sources say to take a course on operations, theory, etc. Can't find anything on the web or the normal places. Suggestions are welcome!!

Dave

Simuflight (fairly close to you I think) teaches a very good enrichment course on the use of airborne radar for WX. I have no idea if they offer it a la carte but I'm sure a call would sort that out. Archie Trammel teaches a great course on radar use that I think is actually on the web. You might want to Google and see what you get there. Bendix King has something floating around on the web as well. If all of that is a non starter for you, PM me your address and I'll send you a couple of VHS WX radar presentations (one by Trammel) next week.

John

I am about to recieve an instructional video Dave, I can send it to you if it is any good

Fast n' Furious said:
Simuflight (fairly close to you I think) teaches a very good enrichment course on the use of airborne radar for WX. I have no idea if they offer it a la carte but I'm sure a call would sort that out. Archie Trammel teaches a great course on radar use that I think is actually on the web. You might want to Google and see what you get there. Bendix King has something floating around on the web as well. If all of that is a non starter for you, PM me your address and I'll send you a couple of VHS WX radar presentations (one by Trammel) next week.

John

John:
Not much help on the web search. Couple articles. Bendix King is now Honeywell. Didn't see anything of this nature on their site.

Thanks for the steer.

Dave

Let'sgoflying! said:
I am about to recieve an instructional video Dave, I can send it to you if it is any good

Let me know Dave. Sounds like you and John may give me a couple options.

I'll call a guy I know that teaches at Simuflight and see what he says.

Dave

Back