Reading Back Every Word: Good Idea, or Going Too Far?

What about keying the mic? Will that suffice? Not saying I do this. See above post for what I do

I'm not going to dig into FCC regulations for a citation, but one of the regs that you agree to abide by when you use a transmitter requires that each transmission should include station identification.

Bob Gardner

I'm not going to dig into FCC regulations for a citation, but one of the regs that you agree to abide by when you use a transmitter requires that each transmission should include station identification.

Bob Gardner
I think I saw the reg in another thread

Bob Gardner

Can they hold you to a reg you have no obligation or expectation to know? They have done away with both the radio operator and the radio station license which was their proof you knew the regs and were able to comply. Reality is that same reg holds for boats as well, yet you will very rarely hear a boat give their call sign. Usually when you hear it it's a bridge tender giving theirs.

I don't think not knowing a reg is a defense. That they don't obsessively enforce things like that is a blessing, as far as I'm concerned.

Back