Re-do the MedXpress application

Nick-Lutzke42

Filing Flight Plan
Display Name

Display name:
Nick
Hello, I'm trying to get my first flight physical done. I've already completed the application, but since then I got my wisdom teeth pulled. My CFI said I need to re-do the application, but I don't know how to do it. Maybe you guys can shed some light on this? Thanks!

You're CFI is wrong.

When you go to the AME, just give him the info on your wisdom teeth and have him enter the new info.

The bigger question though, is whether wisdom teeth extractions are considered "routine dental work," which is not reportable.

Nick, JimNTexas is 100$ correct. And the one you did will turn to dust in 60 days, just don't give the AME that one to use (that 12 digit number).

Nick, JimNTexas is 100$ correct. And the one you did will turn to dust in 60 days, just don't give the AME that one to use (that 12 digit number).

Just gotta ask. What's wrong with just giving the doc updated info?

(And I'm still curious about the wisdom extraction thing.)

Just gotta ask. What's wrong with just giving the doc updated info?

(And I'm still curious about the wisdom extraction thing.)
I wouldn't think of it as routine dental work, I had to go to a different dentist in a different city.

I wouldn't think of it as routine dental work, I had to go to a different dentist in a different city.

Not being a dentist, or any other kind of doc for that matter, I'm not sure. One the one hand, pulling wisdom teeth might be considered preventative care. On the other hand, it is technically a surgical procedure I suppose.

I was hoping Doc Bruce would chime in on that aspect.

Had all my wisdoms pulled out decades ago, so not really an issue for me.

Not being a dentist, or any other kind of doc for that matter, I'm not sure. One the one hand, pulling wisdom teeth might be considered preventative care. On the other hand, it is technically a surgical procedure I suppose.

I was hoping Doc Bruce would chime in on that aspect.

Had all my wisdoms pulled out decades ago, so not really an issue for me.
Your probably right about it being preventative care, as pulling them does prevent a whole lotta bad things. Either way It seems I have two options here, make a new one under a new email, or do what you said and just update the doc on the surgery.

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 365 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.
Back