RDU Fish Fly-in is on! May 2nd 2009

etsisk

En-Route
Display Name

Display name:
iYiYi
Now all we have to do is pick a date! Sometime in April, I'm thinkin'... Fried fish, fried shrimp, gumbo, veggies, etc...
biggrin.gif

What say y'all? When would you like to do it?

TAC Air has promised to open up part of their hangar for us (so we won't be squashed into that little conference room!!
biggrin.gif
) AND they'll give us a quarter off the price of a gallon of gas (or some other consideration, TBA)!

Last edited:
Re: RDU Fish Fly-in is on!

Can't be 24th-26th, that's the Langley AFB airshow. Any other weekend might actually be doable.

I'm sort of leaning towards the first weekend in May, but I'm open. Folks just need to let me know if you're interested and what weekend. It's always been a pretty good time for everyone! :)

If folks are planning to come to this thing, though, y'all need to start letting me know so that I can work things out with TAC Air to get it arranged.
smile.gif

This is what I'm thinking we'll have on the table, more or less:

Shrimp/scallop/fish gumbo over rice (I would make that)
Fried fish
Fried shrimp
potatoes
french fries
potato salad
slaw
green beans
baked beans
rolls
cornbread
hush puppies
iced tea and sodas
banana pudding
cookies
salad

Last edited:

Love to come! On vacation Apr 25 thru May 2, though. Rest of the weekends are open.

Kaye

I'm not a fish fan but potato salad, green beans, baked beans and hush puppies sure sound good!

well, there will be fried shrimp and gumbo, too! And maybe some stuff of the beef variety, should someone want to bbq something. :)

Fried shrimp and gumbo...mmmm...but much too far, much too far...unless someone wants to occupy a seat and contribute to the gas fund?

Denver

Well Tom, May 2 is out for me . Thats the saturday we do your Special Needs Fly-in @KCXY. Any other weekend might be possible.
Dave G

Attachments

• Young Eagle Flight Party.pdf 2009.pdf
    2.8 MB · Views: 0

Shoot, Dave! :( I think we're sort of locked into the first saturday in May, at this point. Dang. :(

Next time, maybe? Hope so! :) :yes:

the gumbo isn't fried. Dunno what we could get otherwise... hmm...

Re: RDU Fish Fly-in is on for May 2, 2009!

Once again, the food cost is being underwritten by an anonymous benefactor! What an angel! :)

So, all you cheap pilots out there, we've got free food! :)

If you're planning on coming, start letting me know, people - plans have to be made, you know! :) PM me your rsvp! :)

Last edited:

The date is set - May 2, 2009. Hope y'all can come!

GRRRRRRRRRRR, well maybe next year. just remember we do the fly-in 1st saturday in May each year.
Dave G

P.S. if someone is coming back by here on the way home they could bring me some Shrimp.
Thanks if you can help.

Will be at the Dragon on the other side of NC. I'll be sure to wave at anyone passing over though. :D

It's unlikely we'll be there, but it is on our radar, in case something else (e.g. Colorado) falls through.

GRRRRRRRRRRR, well maybe next year. just remember we do the fly-in 1st saturday in May each year.
Dave G

P.S. if someone is coming back by here on the way home they could bring me some Shrimp.
Thanks if you can help.
Shoot, I didn't know that in the first place to be able to remember it. Dang. Sorry, man - won't happen again! :no:

It's coming together - right now we've got about 20 - 24 folks coming (if the "maybes" show up), maybe 8 or 10 planes (WAG, that). TAC Air is going to empty out part of their hangar for us and give us a special place on the ramp for parking. We're talking about no fees if you buy fuel, and a small discount on the fuel price, as well. :)

The list:

Tom (etsisk)
Bob (Collybus)
Justin (Skymaster)
Kelvin and Karen (KTD)
Av, Andre, and Alex Shiloh
Mark (midlife mark) and Terri
Kimmy
Rick (Sixie)
Greenwire and Mrs. Greenwire (red board)
Marty and s/o else (he said "dual")
DNA2Fly and Mrs. DNA2Fly
Joe Selch
Jimbtv (redboard, maybe)
Jeff Mager and Ms. Mager
Brook
Several people from my flying club here
smile.gif

*we are also hoping that Wayne and Roger can put together another couple of folks from Atlanta!
yes.gif

This is it, so far!

Last edited:

The NEW most current list:

Tom (etsisk)
Bob (Collybus)
Justin (Skymaster)
Kelvin and Karen (KTD)
Kimmy
Mark and Terri Lutian (MidlifeMark and his much better half)
Rick (Sixie)
DNA2Fly and Mrs. DNA2Fly
Joe Selch
Jimbvt (redboard, maybe)
Jeff Mager and Ms. Mager
Brook
Lance and Ken Williams
Roger

The latest most current list:

Tom (etsisk)
Bob (Collybus)
Justin (Skymaster)
Kelvin and Karen (KTD)
Kimmy
Mark and Terri Lutian (MidlifeMark and his much better half)
Rick (Sixie) and Seamus
DNA2Fly and Mrs. DNA2Fly
Joe Selch
Jimbvt (redboard, maybe)
Jeff Mager and Ms. Mager
Brook
Lance and Ken Williams
Roger
Amelia (hopefully!)
AdamZ
Several people from my flying club here

If you're planning to be there and I haven't listed you above, please let me know here or by pm or whatever.

The way it looks now for Saturday, there'll be "isolated t'storms", whatever the hell that means. Friday is supposed to look pretty good, for those who are coming in early. Dang - if it was a bit better or a bit worse, it would be pretty simple to decide what to do! Well, I reckon we'll wait and see a bit... :eek:

There is a vintage aircraft association show just up the road a piece this same weekend, so this would make for an interesting day - lunch with us, then neat old planes!

Either way, y'all make the best decisions for yourselves you can make - we'll be doing this again so you won't be missing out forever! :)

If only you would have done it Sunday....

Back