RDU -- anyone based there?

EHITCH

Pre-takeoff checklist
Display Name

Display name:
Elizabeth
I'm wondering if anyone is based at RDU or vicinity and might be able to provide any info about rental availability, clubs, FBOs, and so forth.

Also Horace Williams, from this outsider's perspective it seems to be pretty much a UNC facility? Any clubs, rental availability, etc?

Thanks for any info,
Elizabeth

I am based at JNX, about 20 miles SE of RDU. There are several good rental planes there, mostly 172's. http://www.jnxflight.com/

TTA is about 20 miles SW of RDU and I think there are one or two rental planes there along with a club. Don't have any information regarding contact info.

Both the local community and the University of Chapel Hill are trying to shut down Chapel Hill. Don't believe any rentals are available there.

RDU, perhaps Tom Sisk can help on this one...

I'm based out of RDU - I like it, for the most part, though fuel is $$$$$ there! :eek:

You can rent Cessna's from FlightGest in the same building as Southern Jet, and they also do instruction. I can't advise as to costs. I don't know about any other flying clubs - the one I'm in is pretty small, built around a single Cherokee 180. There are others, I'm sure. Sort of.

If you are interested, I'll find out for you, or you could maybe call Southern Jet or Landmark (the clubs have to buy fuel somewhere!). IGX is not just a university field, but there aren't any clubs or instructors there, nor anywhere to rent. Sanford, Siler City and Burlington all have instruction and rentals.

Let me know if I can help any further - where are you located?

Thanks very much for this information! There's been some interest in that neck of the woods around the house lately ... too superstitious to say more .....
Elizabeth

As someone who lived in Chicaguh for 6 years, I can tell ya, this ain't a bad place to live! :) Of course, it's where I'm from, so I might well be a bit, um, biased! :D

Thanks very much for this information! There's been some interest in that neck of the woods around the house lately ... too superstitious to say more .....
Elizabeth

I grew up in Raleigh and if I had to move back to a city, That's where I'd go. Easy trip to the beach and mtns. Lots to do. Plentiful jobs.

I grew up in Raleigh and if I had to move back to a city, That's where I'd go. Easy trip to the beach and mtns. Lots to do. Plentiful jobs.
But too many Yankees and "half backs". Turning into the New York of the South. Can't wait to move out of here when I retire. But for a "large" city, it ain't bad.

Back