Razor blade ripoff no more!

CT Arrow

Line Up and Wait
Display Name

Display name:
Adios!
I am sure many of you use choice expletives when it comes time to purchase razor blades. Prices for blades are out of control! Frankly, I had enough of being gouged (literally) I decided to search and find a better way.

I first found out about this Company, Dollar Shave Club. Catchy ad and a helluva lot cheaper then the Gillette fusion then I am using. I ordered their $6 a month razor and blades. I thought how bad could it be? It arrived a few days later and I put the razor and blades to work. Great shave and going on week 4 with no complaints. But then I decided to dig a little deeper and found the Mother Load. Dorco supplies all of the razer's and blades to Dollar shave club. Depending on how often you go through blades, Dorco might be a better choice. None the less, either one of these is a less expensive alternative instead of paying Avgas prices for razer blades.

www.dollarshaveclub.com

www.dorcousa.com

I would bet I still have the injector razor I bought when I was a kid. Probably have every razor I ever owned actually. I switch looking for a better shave but I haven't shaved more than my neck for 15 years. A dull knife would do a good job.

WAHL, and Paul Harvey was right. I have to buy a new head and cutters for it once a year, maybe even send the backup unit to WAHL once a year for a $20.00 overhaul. It's still less expensive than blades, blades, and more blades.

HR

Hmm. I use a Mach 3 Turbo and spend about $4 per month on blades, maybe a little less. It's more than I'd like, but I haven't found a razor I like better.

old tyme safety razor blades are so cheap compared to the modern stuff they seem free.

I doubt I spend $2 a month on disposables....use conditioner on your beard while shaving in the shower!

Since switching to a double edge safety razor, I'm at about $0.50 per month for blades ($0.10 per blade). That's just the icing on the cake though, the comfort of wet shaving is the real benefit.

Check your local coupons or the online coupon sites and you'll often find coupons for FREE Mach3 (or are they up to a Mach10 by now?) or Proglide Fusion razors. Save those up and get a new razor when you run out of blades that come with them.

I am also a member of the Dollar Shave Club but I don't give them so glowing a recommendation. While the blades are cheap (about a quarter of the going rate even at Costco even including delivery) and are fairly good I have had three fall apart on me. The customer support at the company is NON existent. They do not answer emails.

Norelco.;)

Never understood why guys don't like electric shavers. Take a while to get use to them and to train your beard. I use a razor for clean up and trimming. :dunno:

Shaving with a blade is a guy thing, it also gives a much better and closer shave.

-John

I just think...No facial hair...no facial hair...lol..I am lucky my dad's grandmother was Native American and I grow very little facial hair, a go tee is all I can grow so I never use a razor. I use electric clippers a couple times a month.

Shaving with a blade is a guy thing, it also gives a much better and closer shave.

-John

Not very PC! :no: Lots of energy wasted on hot water, towels, shaving cream, stiplic pencils, ect. :eek:

When you have the same chin as Kurt Douglas you need lots of bandaids using a razor. Some times it looked like I went through a barb wire fence on an ATV. :lol:

If you're a user of multi-blade disposable razors (Mach3, Fusion, etc.), you can extend the life of the blade with some easy maintenance. When you feel your shave has degraded a bit, grab a pair of denim jeans and strop the blades 10-20 strokes in the direction OPPOSITE of cutting. (Like this: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gjSkgz3-2Ig)

I do this every couple weeks on my blades, and can use them for months before I decide it's time to move to a new blade.

Norelco.;)

Never understood why guys don't like electric shavers. Take a while to get use to them and to train your beard. I use a razor for clean up and trimming. :dunno:

I never understood why some guys can't grow a full beard in two weeks, maybe there is a connection.

I just think...No facial hair...no facial hair...lol..I am lucky my dad's grandmother was Native American and I grow very little facial hair, a go tee is all I can grow so I never use a razor. I use electric clippers a couple times a month.

My dad's grandmother was native American too but if I sneeze too hard after shaving I'll have a 5 o'clock shadow. My dad and I both have full heavy beards and hairy chests. His Dad looked like he shaved his chest but could grow a heavy beard. The milkman must've had a hairy chest.

I usually shave with a blade once a week just to clean things up but it's a mess. Waiting for the water to get hot, etc... plus it's harder on the face.

Shave once a week. My 5 o'clock shadow is more like 5 o'clock next week. lol

No one to impress at work either or depress.

David

My father was a barber. He shaved with a Gillette safety razor until he could no longer buy the blades. In the pre-internet days, they weren't available after razor companies discovered that they could make more money off of blades. After that, he bought single edge disposables. Never had a good word about the double edge blades that I would use.

Now that quality Italian safety razors are all the rage among "wet shavers", I may just have to give one a try.

Norelco.;)

It's funny -- I shaved with a Norelco triple-header until I was ~40, mostly because that's what my dad used. Then I tried a "Mach 3" blade, and discovered what a truly close shave was.

With my beard, I only need to shave my neck, so it's about 15 swipes a day, right after showering -- no cream needed. Much quicker and less fuss than trying to grind my neck with a Norelco.

Norelco.;)

It takes me less time to shave with a blade, and it shaves me close enough that I can skip a day and not look like the full moon just came out in Transylvania.

I've used Braun, Remington and Norelco electrics, and they're nice but don't shave close enough. The best shave from any of them was about like the 25th shave from the razor.

I am sure many of you use choice expletives when it comes time to purchase razor blades. Prices for blades are out of control! Frankly, I had enough of being gouged (literally) I decided to search and find a better way.

I first found out about this Company, Dollar Shave Club. Catchy ad and a helluva lot cheaper then the Gillette fusion then I am using. I ordered their $6 a month razor and blades. I thought how bad could it be? It arrived a few days later and I put the razor and blades to work. Great shave and going on week 4 with no complaints. But then I decided to dig a little deeper and found the Mother Load. Dorco supplies all of the razer's and blades to Dollar shave club. Depending on how often you go through blades, Dorco might be a better choice. None the less, either one of these is a less expensive alternative instead of paying Avgas prices for razer blades.

www.dollarshaveclub.com

www.dorcousa.com

:confused: I spend $20 a year on Fusion blades, they last me a month or more, been using them since the came out.

Back