ratio time actually aviating: time dreaming about it

Brad W

Pattern Altitude
Display Name

Display name:
BLW2
I had a deep thought this morning while walking the dog...well not so deep really, but I was still working on my 1st cup of coffee at the time...and it was a perspective I've not really thought much about, consciously anyway...

actually flying ÷ dreaming = X
  • actually flying = in an aircraft, but I would also include time spent doing the ground portions of flight reviews, planning for real (not what-if routing),etc....
  • dreaming about it = walking around sun n fun or air venture, upgrading or cleaning your plane, building a kit, reading magazines, comparing specs between one type and another, browsing your log book, hangar flying or otherwise airport bum stuff, etc...
Sad to say my number is surely approaching zero....

I was thinking about the adage for home builders....
there are those who like to build, and then there are those that like to fly​

Since I have let "life" get in the way of flying so much, maybe I'm in the "builder" category....

Ha... mine is approaching zero also, but more from the denominator being too big than a lack of flying. Visualizing getting in the plane and doing all the tasks from startup to shutdown is my nightly meditation as I fall asleep. I usually fly a couple hours a week, which leaves a lot of time for dreaming.

Back