Rate the media coverage

Have not watched one second of it. I read a little on CNN and the rest I have gotten here. I would say that so far the PoA coverage to be the best

Have not watched one second of it. I read a little on CNN and the rest I have gotten here. I would say that so far the PoA coverage to be the best

Yeah, and where do you think it originated?

Highly filtered, of course. :D

My news of the crash came from NPR Morning Edition. Seemed pretty fact based and acknowledged that they didn't have many facts. They did, of course, mention that weather might have been a issue because the weather was bad at the time.

Over all nothing to fault them on.

After the report of a pilot voluntarily ejecting his wings, everything looks good.

I watched the interview of the brother who said his sister was on the plane. One lady came up after everyone asked their questions and asked him if it was his house that was hit...

I do not condone hitting women, but Good LORD, that might have just thrown me over the edge, personally.

I was up at 3AM when they had the news conference. Prior to that, they were discussing the audio that was obviously taken from LiveATC.net. All kinds of discussion was taking place on the icing reports from other aircraft. One thing I did notice was how they were discussing how calm the radio calls were prior to the loss.

I liked the one newscaster that said they had carb icing.

Yeah he was my favorite too. I think he was a weatherman or something. It doesn't bother me when the reporters **** up the technical stuff. If they're not pilots you can't expect them to really know. Those who know better shrug it off and it's probably Greek to those who don't know. But this guy said it with such confidence.

Well, I'll say this. I was watching CNN, the british people convering it did fairly well, but then Anderson Cooper came one. He has his "Aviation Correspondent" dude, who sounds like a redneck hick, and was jumping to conclusions ALL OVER THE PLACE.

"I don't want to jump to conclusions, but it sounds like airframe damage due to overstressing" I believe he said at one point.

Seriously, CNN, call me some day, and you'll get good work: "Looks like a plane crashed, Anderson. Can't tell ya what happened until the NTSB reports it."

I liked the one newscaster that said they had carb icing.

It is stuff like this that is the reason I don't watch the news. I can filter out the BS on the stuff I know something about. On stuff I don't know anything about, I cannot be sure I am getting accurate information, which makes the reported news worse than not having the news at all.

It is stuff like this that is the reason I don't watch the news. I can filter out the BS on the stuff I know something about. On stuff I don't know anything about, I cannot be sure I am getting accurate information, which makes the reported news worse than not having the news at all.
All you ever have to do is attend ANY news worthy event then watch the media coverage. You wouldn't be amazed at how much things changed from that live event to the media news. Things are often taken out of context, even order, where you're likely to see the end of the event before it begins.
The only way to know the truth is to live the event. Then the only bias you have is your own.

Back