Raptor Update

JohnWF

Pre-takeoff checklist
Display Name

Display name:
John at Salida
Has Raptor changed its update schedule...I note no Tuesday update....what's up?

Raptor just updated...they were just a bit late today...looks like good progress however on the plane

He’s been building for what... 2, 3 years?

Didn't we fight and win a two front World War in that time frame?

Not with two people in their spare time! *

* I kid, I have no idea, how many people they have working how many hours per day only on that project.

They’re taking pre-orders. Have you sent them any money? How can they make any progress if nobody sends them any money?

They’re taking pre-orders. Have you sent them any money? How can they make any progress if nobody sends them any money?

They’ve got over 1,000 deposits at $2k a piece. That’s what keeps them going. What makes me laugh is all these deposit holders that give them encouragement on FB with their progress. 5 years of construction that most other EAB companies (Velocity, Lanacair, Vans) would have kits going out the door in less than a year. Even if they get a flying prototype next year, deposit holders won’t have aircraft for several years to decades.

My guess is that the “donors” will be left hold the bag after all the “development” dollars are spent. Its happened before and it won’t be the last time. Only give money in exchange for a completed, flying, proven aircraft. Don’t be an “investor” when you can be an aircraft owner.

My guess is that the “donors” will be left hold the bag after all the “development” dollars are spent. Its happened before and it won’t be the last time. Only give money in exchange for a completed, flying, proven aircraft. Don’t be an “investor” when you can be an aircraft owner.
If no one invests than we would never have anything new.
Also, someone has to be first.
Raptor is funded by a guy who already made his fortune. I forget his name.
Lastly, the money is held in escrow. So far, based on previous threads they are not touching it.

Tim, nor an investor, buyer or related to the company. Just a cynic.

Sent from my SM-J737T using Tapatalk

Back