Raptor NG

Over/Under for the page count on this one?

Are N352DF or N352NG reserved yet?

Will the generator be ethanol powered?

1282e687733d2a60affa9b6c3f2a5468.jpg

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk

If at first you don't succeed, try, try again. Using an even more unorthodox concept.

Is there a GoFundMe or something for this? I’m in!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Maybe he’ll get to 7k in this one!

Help me out here. Would this thing’s center of lift not be way behind the CG? Seems like it’s laid out more like a tandem than a canard.

Attachments

• C8A6A6B6-E6FE-4E0D-B6F0-A3EF4821C162.png
    C8A6A6B6-E6FE-4E0D-B6F0-A3EF4821C162.png
    323.6 KB · Views: 39
It won't matter. If he follows through with the engine/generator/motor drive, it won't have enough lift to get off the ground.

So, it's a canard biplane with one delta wing and a second low aspect ratio wing connected by thick struts that serve as vertical stabilizers, powered by generator, electric motors, and ducted fans?

Sorry, not seeing a viable aircraft here.

Can someone provide a short synopsis of the last thread? I’m too old to even attempt to read through it all...

I couldn't read it all, either. My best version is that a guy with maybe some experience flying RC (not a bad thing, in and of itself) designed a swept wing canard pusher, put a belt driven salvaged automotive engine in it, flew it around an airport for a while, and ended up landing it in a corn field. Apparently that whole process took a number of years. Now he's starting again, but with an even goofier design.

I couldn't read it all, either. My best version is that a guy with maybe some experience flying RC (not a bad thing, in and of itself) designed a swept wing canard pusher, put a belt driven salvaged automotive engine in it, flew it around an airport for a while, and ended up landing it in a corn field. Apparently that whole process took a number of years. Now he's starting again, but with an even goofier design.

That's pretty much it. He did have help with the design and construction.

Close. A key component is missing. He also hired and/or solicited the help of key aviation folks with a wealth of knowledge, then largely ignored their input if it was too time-consuming, expensive, and/or was different than he thought he should do it.

Star Trek tried an NG version, too. Yeah, it gave us Jean-Luc Picard and Deep Space 9 and then, after it was too late to stop that train, Scott Bakula showed up with a Rod Stewart theme song. So yeah, I can totally see where Raptor is headed…. “Engage!”

Now I remember where I know this name from!! It's a computer acronym. Or maybe government? We used to write it on old parts with a Sharpie.

In any event, they left the "F" out.

A tour of the comments on Raptor Aircraft’s latest Youtube video reveals a pretty soft reception for the NG. We all may be safe after all.

As a derivative of that earth-magnet Raptor, I assume NG = Nose Gardener?

Peter: The CFD says Raptor 2 will perform better than Raptor 1.

Is that the same CFD that said Raptor 1 would perform far better than Raptor 1 actually performed? Not that I blame the CFD, it's limited by the user's input.

Not that I blame the CFD, it's limited by the user's input.
And the understanding of the limitations of the results. Smarter people than him (and me) have been misled when they didn't grasp both sides of CFD I/O.

Nauga,
and 'colorful flight drawings'

I watched the video and wondered if he had reservations/deposits on the first version. Are those “buyers” cool with a different design? (I suppose you could argue that what they will likely get is unchanged)

Back