[rant] Royal WTF? [rant]

So not being impressed with a system of government we dumped 250 years ago is bigotry?

Good to know.

I don’t particularly agree with all the workings of the UK government as I’m sure many Americans don’t agree with theirs, but this thread goes deeper than low punches at governments, some comments are downright insulting.

I’m a Brit who spends 6 months of the year in the US, I own vacation property in the US, I pay taxes in the US, I hold a FAA cert. I have dozens of American friends and not one as demonstrated any harbouring of grudges from events of 250 yrs ago.
Since back then the US and the UK have fought and died together to fight facism and dictatorship.
It’s a real shame some seem to forget that....

I don’t particularly agree with all the workings of the UK government as I’m sure many Americans don’t agree with theirs, but this thread goes deeper than low punches at governments, some comments are downright insulting.

I’m a Brit who spends 6 months of the year in the US, I own vacation property in the US, I pay taxes in the US, I hold a FAA cert. I have dozens of American friends and not one as demonstrated any harbouring of grudges from events of 250 yrs ago.
Since back then the US and the UK have fought and died together to fight facism and dictatorship.

I'm not really sure what you're bent out of shape about. Most of this thread is disgust about our own citizens being hung up on your monarchy.

My personal opinion is that the UK is probably the best friend the US has or is going to get and I hope that continues.

Well I've never read so much bigotry on one tread...and the most vocal comments from clueless individuals !
And there was me thinking we were allies in arms who stood shoulder to shoulder for the greater good....

I’d be interested in knowing what was insulting about picking on a useless bunch of monarchs that you took personally.

Really has nothing to do with fascism or dictatorships, neither one of our countries or any other of our allies has the balls to blow up North Korea or China or Russia, all of which are run by one or the other. Australia certainly isn’t going to do it. LOL.

If you want the average Joe’s take from here, we have our own fascists here who make me pay for 200+ foreign military bases and most of your naval defense, at threat of being imprisoned or personal bankruptcy.

So if we’re talking fascists... look no further than Washington DC. If you’re looking for some to save the world from, that is.

Getting involved in your last problem, once Japan attacked us, literally created our atrocious federal taxation system as we know it today and massive corruption between government here and the military contractors that has never ended.

Color me not particularly enthused about whatever getting involved in your next European problem brings for us. Probably more dead kids. Seems to be the theme, anyway.

I haven’t seen your massive fleet of carriers patrolling Asian waters between the Chinese mainland and the democratic countries on islands or peninsulas either, oh Mr. “we’re your allies in democracy”. Yeah sure. Are those under construction?

Float some boats if you’re serious about governments and their incessant foreign wars being some sort of fight for principals of democracy.

You guys take heavy losses in Korea or Vietnam?

Was it not my dad who de-mined the Suez Canal for mostly your benefit in the 70s?

Same s***, different decade as he would have said.

Making fun of the monarchy is tame. Let’s talk about your input into this little military alliance we have. I’m kinda tired of paying for it.

518697eb27b9b9fdb2bd0dd6a1fa8142.jpg

Well I've never read so much bigotry on one tread...and the most vocal comments from clueless individuals !
And there was me thinking we were allies in arms who stood shoulder to shoulder for the greater good....

Sorry, bashing the British Monarchy is not bigotry. Heck, last I checked they are all white, and trashing white people is never bigoted or racist.
[Oh, except when it is]

My personal opinion is that the UK is probably the best friend the US has or is going to get and I hope that continues.

Without going too political. Israel.

The UK does a decent job of appearing to help us support their interests... but it is always half measures. Could be the sting of losing that one war in Seventeen seventy something, which also pretty well ended their global expansion.

Don't get me wrong, if I could be a King or an Emperor I'd wear a crown and wave a staff with glee. But alas, it wasn't in the cards.

Making fun of people who don't share the same interests is common around here and on the internet, unfortunately. In my opinion, following the royal family is a far less harmful pastime than others people could be engaging in.

Be careful saying stuff about "Di" around Canadians. We all know it's just the 51st state, but they think they answer to the Royal family.

Be careful. My Canadian friends think the US is the 11th Province.
Besides, seems all of Hollywood wants to be a refugee these days. "Move to Canada if Trump wins, move to England if the Prince proposes" What's the difference?

But I do agree that Canada will never be a free country until they get the Queen off the money. ;)

I never thought I'd EVER say this, but Alannis Morrisette is better looking than that other woman. Ugh, I feel disgusted with myself.

Which only goes to prove that even in a democracy there are always some people willing to let royalty screw them.

Some of them have done some pretty ballsy stuff. And frankly, I’d not trade places with any of them.

Sent from my FISA-approved tracking device using Tapatalk

Being British....I don't like the Royals nor do most of my extended family...although I cut Harry and William some slack and they both served and are accomplished Aviators...I hold the distinction of being the first British Apache pilot...while in the U.S. Army....its been worth a few pints over the years...My very American wife and two daughters, well they are captivated by the process.

Don’t forget their uncle Andrew. He was flying Exocet decoy flights during the Falklands War.

Sent from my FISA-approved tracking device using Tapatalk

Back