[RANT] I Got Ramp Checked!!! [/RANT]

I thought only Pipers and Cessnas were subject to ramp checks. I am positive I read somewhere the FAA exempted all Cirrus airplanes from ramp checks because they can't be recovered from a spin without the parachute, or something like that.

I left a scathing retort on one of your posts, but you will never find it since you don't click on the ding dong icon.

So there.

Another informative video! Poor, poor Carl. Interesting pitot cover!

I thought only Pipers and Cessnas were subject to ramp checks. I am positive I read somewhere the FAA exempted all Cirrus airplanes from ramp checks because they can't be recovered from a spin without the parachute, or something like that.

Technically they can only ramp check you if you're planning on flying. It's pretty hard to fly a plane after the 'chute has been deployed.

Technically they can only ramp check you if you're planning on flying. It's pretty hard to fly a plane after the 'chute has been deployed.

I was certain that is what we were going to hear in the video. After the main gear "gently kissed the ground" right on The Numbers, I was waiting to hear they were being written up for "illegally tying down the Cirrus" using the parachute shrouds.

Reactions: Ted
Your Ramp Checkers did give me an idea...

Ramp Chess
... objective is to strategically outmaneuver your opponents C152s (pawns), Barons (bishops), and other pieces to capture his King Air.

I watched it 2 7/8ths times. trying to build up your view count but not be too blatant about it. also wanted a chance to type 'ths' in small letters.

Your CFI, is this him?

images

Also, in order to leave your tie-down decorations on, you might consider taping one side of Velcro to your tires, and the other side to the parking spot.

I'd say use the fuzzy side on the parking spot. The scratchy side might make you itchy if you lay down to get fuel sample under a 172.

Your Ramp Checkers did give me an idea...

Ramp Chess
... objective is to strategically outmaneuver your opponents C152s (pawns), Barons (bishops), and other pieces to capture his King Air.

I already told Karen that we need to take a card table and a checkers board to the airport for some filming. LOL.

Man, funny video, as usual, except for some fundamental flaws:
1) You said that when you turned left final (nice touch, btw, most pilots don't bother reporting which final), you saw cars. BS. When you turned onto your 35-mile final, you had no way of seeing cars by the rwy. And did you call ATITAPA?
2) You mentioned that your pilot certificate says "English Proficient" but failed to mention that is a limitation. Yes, it is under section XIII LIMITATIONS. So while you, as a pilot, are limited to English, you aren't required to know it.

And of course the most important question: how badly did they violate you? From behind?

Back